pokejungle

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discussion

CJMoff    0
40 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

I love how pressing L + A guves instant move descriptions, and that under the name of each move it says whether the move would be super effective or not.

And most importantly, I LOVE how the game let's you see any stat increases or decreases pokemon have gotten via moves in battle! That'll be very useful.

I totally agree. I'm watching the video now, and looks like they've really thought this game through. The animations look awesome, the overworld is beautiful, and the new Pokemon are fantastic. I can't wait for November!

TeeJay    12

They FINALLY added 3D models for the random trainers! The lack of those was my biggest disappointment in X and Y (and ORAS).

I remember when I first played X and Y and got a still image when I fought my first random trainer I thought, "....seriously...?". It felt like such a huge step back because even though they were sprites, in 5th gen they were animated.

Nomyt    50

Apart from new ones, I don't really see how this is a useful feature (since they can always be seen from a summary view.) but I guess it's nice for new players. I like the idea of stat increases and decreases view, and how much by. Will put an end to (it's ??? can not increase any higher) notices.

Malco    64

Sometimes (outside Showdown, blame Showdown for my laziness) I forget how many stat boosts the opponent have already. ;) 

13 hours ago, TeeJay said:

They FINALLY added 3D models for the random trainers! The lack of those was my biggest disappointment in X and Y (and ORAS).

I remember when I first played X and Y and got a still image when I fought my first random trainer I thought, "....seriously...?". It felt like such a huge step back because even though they were sprites, in 5th gen they were animated.

We get both this time, for random trainers. To me it feels like a the 2d "sticker" over the camera that peels off and reveals the model afterwards.

As far as seen on the gameplay demo, only the most important trainers don't get a sprite and go straight to the models, like Hau.

This makes X&Y graphics engine now seem like a beta test compared to what we're getting now.

Edited by Malco

Nomyt    50
3 hours ago, Malco said:

This makes X&Y graphics engine now seem like a beta test compared to what we're getting now.

To be fair, it probably was. I've seen it happen a bit (can't remember with what games). But they'll always create a new engine, not push it the first time around, and then turn it up to 11 on the second game.

Nomyt    50

I have updated some of my blog! It is based on Alola, and I would be grateful for anyone to read it, and give constructive feed back. I am trying to improve my writing style, and improve grammar and spelling. Although, English is my mother tongue, and I live in England. My use of grammar, and such is terrible. However, I like to think it is getting better.

Malco    64

Well the only info that came out is Yungoos has one evo and Pikipek has two.

But that is almost expected for the regional rodent and bird, so...

Nomyt    50

Yeah, I kind of expected that along with Grubbin having two evos too. But it's nice to see it get confirmed. This weekend and the pokemon show is were the super exciting stuff is gonna be. ;) 

Nomyt    50

They're all okay, they all are very different and very unusual. Love Grubbin's evos. Pikaclone is decent. Cutiefly is good. Tapu Koko looks very nice. Dragon is meh to okay. Fishy is designed to be different. There will always be something for everyone, and that others won't like.

Edited by Nomyt
  • Like 1

Nomyt    50

Interesting thing is, that it's confirmed that Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt. But not Grubbin to Charjabug. It's all speculation. I hope that it does get confirmed as an evolution.

Malco    64

The weird-ass troll fish has grown on me. I'm actually looking forward to using it especially if its ability protects its partner in doubles.

Imagine a Smeargle or Darkrai as its teammate that will be immune to Prankster Taunt and Fake Out... forever.

Edited by Malco

Smitje    64

To be honest I really like how this generation is coming along. With Charjabug they hint more towards double battles. Maybe there are more of those in SUMO? The possible legendary chain at least makes a bit a sense this time? Other than some fighting dogs.. 

Josh Omega    30

I think this may be my first post on here. would have a long time ago but have been really busy. anyway I must say i really love the new pokemon shown so far. top 3 are rowlett rockruff and vikavolt for sure.

• Like 3

Malco    64

On starter reveal I was on Team Rowlet, but now I'm on Team Popplio.

Vikavolt line seems like the perfect wall against Pichu and the non-Hau rival's Grass-type.

Will also be adding Pikipek because it's cool.

• Like 1