pokejungle

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discussion

TeeJay    12
23 hours ago, Malco said:

It can still be tropics down there, the sun can shine through slits in the rock, illuminating the crystals and the underground palms.

Wait a sec I'm getting ideas for a story...

That's a neat idea too!

CJMoff    0

Yeah, that is a cool idea.

What do people think about the possible starter evolution typing leaks? Personally, I like the idea of a Fire/Ground type Pokemon. Although, so long as they stay well away from Fire/Fighting, I'm good.

TeeJay    12

I'm not a fan of fire/ground types. They get wrecked by water types which are probably the most common type in the game. I imagine Alola taking place on a series of islands means EVEN MORE water pokemon, so anyone picking Litten....good luck.

I'm picking Rowlet myself, which I recognize has a double weakness to ice but really...how many ice types are we really expecting to see in the tropical region of Alola?

As for the rumored Water/Fighting typing...um...how is a seal going to accomplish that without sprouting legs and looking like a freak of nature? Couldn't tell you...

CJMoff    0

You may have a point. I could live with those flaws, though. As long as  they don't roll out another Fire/Fighting type...

CJMoff    0
44 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

Well I mean. Has there ever been a fire fighting legendary? Could be interesting.

No, there hasn't. I'm hoping they'll introduce some cool typing for the starters and legendaries. At the least, I hope Nintendo surprises us. If there is another Fire/Fighting-type starter come November, I may just chuck my copy of the games out the window.

CJMoff    0
4 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

Surprise! Gamefreak was trolling us all along. All 3 starters are actually fire/fighting types.

And, this info comes from where...?

CJMoff    0
1 minute ago, TeeJay said:

My uncle who works at Nintendo of course

Are you sure your uncle isn't trolling you? I mean, three starter evolutionary chains ending with the same typing is pretty unlikely...

TeeJay    12
4 minutes ago, CJMoff said:

Are you sure your uncle isn't trolling you? I mean, three starter evolutionary chains ending with the same typing is pretty unlikely...

((You know I'm kidding right))

CJMoff    0
2 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

((You know I'm kidding right))

Sorry, I take things literally sometimes. Often a little too literally, if truth be told. :$

CJMoff    0
Just now, TeeJay said:

I'm pretty sure one of them will be Grass/Flying. Call it a hunch

Funny, I started having that very same premonition around May the 10th. They may change the typing though (there are owls that burrow into the ground, and stuff like that).

CJMoff    0
1 minute ago, TeeJay said:

Pokemon never change their typing mid-evolution unless they have branching evolutionary paths, though.

There's always room for an exception, though.

Malco    64

There's always a first for everything, like type swap to Fairy. They'll surprise us.

Fire/Fighting is not a good type for an Uber, though. :)

My actual bet is still Fire/Electric for Solgaleo.

TeeJay    12
37 minutes ago, Malco said:

There's always a first for everything, like type swap to Fairy. They'll surprise us.

Fire/Fighting is not a good type for an Uber, though. :)

My actual bet is still Fire/Electric for Solgaleo.

My money is on this also. 

Nomyt    50

Fire/Electric, or Fire/Fighting would be awesome for Leo. Or could we be finally getting the Cosmic/Space type. There'd be a few pokemon now which is said to have come from outer space. They've done it with fairy, so anything is possible. :P

CJMoff    0

I'd prefer Fire/Electric, as it helps to cover the Fire type's weakness to Water. I'm not sure whether Cosmic type is plausible, but certainly a new type IS  a possibility.