pokejungle

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discussion

Malco    64

Possible Legendary Types:

Solgaleo: Fire/Electric, Fire/Fairy, just Fire, Fire/Normal (Mega Pyroar! HEH)
Lunaala: Flying/Dark (PLZ NO), Flying/Psychic (RIP Lugia), Flying/Fairy, Dark/Fairy, Dark/Dragon, Dark/Psychic, Flying/Steel, just Flying

TeeJay    12

I'd love to see Surfing Pikachu make a return in a new event distribution. 

...If only so I can have a Surfing Raichu...

CJMoff    0
On 3/20/2016 at 2:24 AM, Wes said:

Agreed, although I had difficulty catching 'em all because I was forced to choose between Pokeballs and clothes (I always picked clothes). 

Simple solution: make the clothes cheaper, so that you can still catch 'em all.

Completely unrelated: does anyone else think the Alola region is a little... small in the trailer? I'd bet my money (if I hadn't just spent it on a new 3DS) on it actually being an archipelago (a-la Sevii islands) - they can't fit 8 gyms, multiple cities and towns, an evil team's base, a giant gauntlet (and so on) into a region that size.

CJMoff    0
On 5/11/2016 at 9:47 PM, Malco said:

Possible Legendary Types:

Solgaleo: Fire/Electric, Fire/Fairy, just Fire, Fire/Normal (Mega Pyroar! HEH)
Lunaala: Flying/Dark (PLZ NO), Flying/Psychic (RIP Lugia), Flying/Fairy, Dark/Fairy, Dark/Dragon, Dark/Psychic, Flying/Steel, just Flying

I hope they mix it up, and choose a new type combo - something that'll blow people's minds. I'd rather avoid having two Dark/Flying type legendaries in a row, it reminds me of Nintendo's unhealthy fixation with Fire/Fighting starters.

TeeJay    12

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. The gyms will be spread out across many islands. There's no way the new region is actually that small.

As for the legendaries, finally, somebody else who thinks Solgeleo couls be Fire/Electric! I keep thinking it might be but Malco is the only other person I've seen who's also come to that conclusion.

• Like 1

Malco    64

I'd love a ferry, blimp, or even cable car.

And there's gotta be a special cutscene the first time we use it.

9 hours ago, CJMoff said:

Simple solution: make the clothes cheaper, so that you can still catch 'em all.

Completely unrelated: does anyone else think the Alola region is a little... small in the trailer? I'd bet my money (if I hadn't just spent it on a new 3DS) on it actually being an archipelago (a-la Sevii islands) - they can't fit 8 gyms, multiple cities and towns, an evil team's base, a giant gauntlet (and so on) into a region that size.

Well at least in X&Y's postgame money stops being a problem thanks to Le Wow restaurant. Meanwhile in ORAS I have to think before I buy protein and stuff even at half price.

Also, Hawaii has at least 4 major islands, I bet this one will have more too.

Edited by Malco

CJMoff    0
8 hours ago, pokejungle said:

I do wonder how they'll mitigate all the water routes; new travel mechanic? Boats which take you everywhere?

I'd love to see soaring return as a travel mechanic, but at least for the early game, I think boats are probably a likely candidate.

CJMoff    0

I've been thinking about travel mechanics all day.

I'd say that ferries between different islands is pretty likely. It's also possible that surfing between some islands will be possible, but probably only between those which are closer together.

Does anyone think it's too much to hope that they bring back the soaring mechanic for the latter parts of the game?

TeeJay    12

What I really wonder is how many ice types this region will have. Like...where would their habitat be? Will it be like Black 2 and White 2 where they all live in a manmade freezer structure?

Edited by TeeJay

CJMoff    0

Every region has some ice types, but I agree, there are unlikely to be many natural locations for them in a tropical region, so designers may implement a man-made Ice-type dungeon instead. By the way, in Black 2 and White 2, ice types are found in Twist Mountain only. You're thinking of Black & White, which had the Cold Storage in Driftveil City.

TeeJay    12

Ah, you're right, I got them mixed up. I meant the Cold Storage in the original Black and White.

It could be possible that they could make a habitat for them deep underground in some cave somewhere...

Edited by TeeJay

CJMoff    0

Yeah, that could be true. What do you think the travel mechanics will be? Since it's probably got more than one island, they'll need some way to travel between them. Me, I'm hoping they'll keep the soaring mechanic from ORAS.

Edited by CJMoff

TeeJay    12

I hope the soaring mechanic in ORAS was a precursor to them finally dropping HMs altogether, possibly by regulating them to key items or something. Then maybe we can finally have a full party of 6 rather than 5 and an HM Slave. 

So yes, I hope the soaring mechanic returns.

Malco    64

I wonder if there's a specific Pokemon that we'll be soaring on. Or will it be on any Pokemon restricted by size.

But to me, it seems like a tall order unless they recycle the latis for soaring again, something that isn't likely.

Unless... there's a new legendary trio/duo we're gonna get that will cover soaring.

Also, re: Solgaleo's Fire/Electric... I think it fits the astronaut theme it has, which is why I started with it and think it's very likely. :)

Edited by Malco

Oza    4
12 hours ago, TeeJay said:

It could be possible that they could make a habitat for them deep underground in some cave somewhere...

This is what I was thinking too! I just really have a feeling there's going to be enough underground areas as well, because a lot of the island just seems very raised. So much potential. One or two caves and at least 2 cities, would just be amazing. 

TeeJay    12
4 hours ago, Oza said:

This is what I was thinking too! I just really have a feeling there's going to be enough underground areas as well, because a lot of the island just seems very raised. So much potential. One or two caves and at least 2 cities, would just be amazing. 

Maybe....an undergound city??

CJMoff    0
6 hours ago, Oza said:

I suspect Alola is made up of multiple islands. It fits with being based on Hawaii, and the island shown is just too small for a whole region, when compared with previous ones. Also, multiple caves are a given. Cities always feature prominently, so I don't think you'll be disappointed.

1 hour ago, TeeJay said:

Now, THAT would be awesome!

pokejungle    25

Oh my god; an underground city would be amazing. Actually kind of surprised we haven't had one or even one within a mountain. Lavaridge was on a volcano, but of course not actually inside it.

Oza    4
9 hours ago, TeeJay said:

That's what I saidddddddddddd. Just thinking about it makes me want to time travel to the point where I can play that.

Malco    64

So like Sinnoh's underground, except the underground is an entire second map with its own cities, gyms, etc.

TeeJay    12
1 hour ago, Oza said:

That's what I saidddddddddddd. Just thinking about it makes me want to time travel to the point where I can play that.

Oh sorry I misunderstood, and then subsequently came up with the exact same idea seperately, lol....

Well it doesn't need to span the entire map, that would be too much, and that would take focus away from the tropical atmosphere. Not to mention spanning the entire map would mean it would just be another wide expanse of nothing like Sinnoh's underground.

No, just one underground city would be perfect. That way it's a unique location, and they could take the time to make that one location an interesting place to visit and beautiful to look at...with like, crystals and stalagtites and stuff...

Edited by TeeJay

Malco    64

It can still be tropics down there, the sun can shine through slits in the rock, illuminating the crystals and the underground palms.

Wait a sec I'm getting ideas for a story...