pokejungle

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discussion

Nomyt    50
22 hours ago, Malco said:

Well E3 was when they showed the ORAS trailer with the kid and the soaring.

Many people are angry right now about the lack of revelation, but Corocoro/Gamefreak are just riling people up April Fools-style for the E3 reveal. They are really just saving their ammo.

A bit too stingy with the info, in my opinion.

No, people are angry because they think the "leak" is everything that's in Coro-coro this month. They've not realised that we still have another day or so until the magazine is actually released. We've had this before where the "leak" only shows 2 pages, and we get another 5 pages on release day. There's still time for more, of course. There's always a chance that those couple of leaks were it, but there's always a chance for more.

Smitje    64

Pokémon S&M, are you going to download it or getting a physical copy? I'm leaning to the latter. I don't usually game on the way and if I do I have plenty to do with that one game. It would also be easier if I ever get a New3DS? Because my current memory card wouldn't be enough to go all digital anyway now. 

Malco    64

Story Time!

I'm not saying carts are bad in general, maybe my Y cartridge is just a bad apple from the factory or I just played it way too much, but it is hardly read by any 3DS unit, and when it does work, a small tap causes the game to crash. In the end I finally had it, and I moved all my Pokemon and "rare" items out to my copy of Alpha Sapphire.

I wonder if I should just keep it as a keepsake or give it out to a hapless kid who will agonize on how to get it to work... :D

----

Back to S&M, I'm getting carts as usual. But now I have to think about something. I am definitely getting Moon, but should I also get Sun? (I also got both X and Y.)

Smitje    64
On 21-4-2016 at 10:49 AM, Malco said:

Story Time!

I'm not saying carts are bad in general, maybe my Y cartridge is just a bad apple from the factory or I just played it way too much, but it is hardly read by any 3DS unit, and when it does work, a small tap causes the game to crash. In the end I finally had it, and I moved all my Pokemon and "rare" items out to my copy of Alpha Sapphire.

I wonder if I should just keep it as a keepsake or give it out to a hapless kid who will agonize on how to get it to work... :D

----

Back to S&M, I'm getting carts as usual. But now I have to think about something. I am definitely getting Moon, but should I also get Sun? (I also got both X and Y.)

I also just had the thought that if you only have cards if your 3DS gets stolen you don't lose all your games? (Nintendo might have something against that.) 

I find it surprising how much I look forward to these games.. We know nothing. Yet.. All I must assume they will be better than XY which are great and really brought in a network which changed the games forever. I'm getting Moon as well, I'm not too worried about version exclusives, because of that network you can always have a fast GTS trade or see if a random strange has an interest. 

Malco    64

Well if the cartridge is in the 3DS that gets stolen, tho... HEH HEH HEH.

Ok, well, I like having my competitives in dusk balls. ;)

I had to KILL to get a HA Skrelp in a dusk ball because I didn't have OR. I found a person in real life who needed a 6IV ditto so I traded him one of mine + an HA Bulbasaur + touch-trading him Dex data for Kyogre, for him to intentionally catch me an HA Skrelp (I even taught him how to radar on water...)

(Ok actually it was a buddy so I was just being nice.)

So the problem is if I there is a Sun exclusive that I need competitively... kekeke.

Smitje    64

About competitive, did they made the current system with the intention of it being here to stay? Saying, can I use my now trained Pokémon use in competitions S&M?

There is always /r/breedablepokemon here you can request any Pokémon you want, I use it to get illegal PokéBall combinations. I assume they will keep doing this with S&M.

Malco    64

Ok well I'm not sure if they'll have a new Gen 7-bred region symbol. Like today's "Pentagon".

I think that if I need to participate in a tourney I'll just re-breed those as needed, should it require them to be Gen 7 only.

Edited by Malco

Smitje    64
5 hours ago, Malco said:

Ok well I'm not sure if they'll have a new Gen 7-bred region symbol. Like today's "Pentagon".

I think that if I need to participate in a tourney I'll just re-breed those as needed, should it require them to be Gen 7 only.

I really hope there will be continuity, given they just had this announcement about being able to transfer Pokémon from generation I to generation VII. I hope that hints to the ability to have all adventures (Competitions) with the same Pokémon. To be honest I find it strange and sad that you don't get a ribbon if you joined a competition. 

Malco    64

Well they planned to give ribbons to VGC championship winning Pokemon (it's in the data of older games) but they changed their mind.

And they really cut down number of ribbons in Gen 6. Previously there's one ribbon each for every level of the Pokemon Contests and Super Contests...

Edited by Malco

Smitje    64

Strange. But I also meant the online competitions. They did? I haven't really looked into contests yet. They were my favourite part of the anime, but in the games it is just so different.  

TeeJay    12

One thing I would like to see is more Pokémon in the overworld. A lot more. I'm talking the same amount as people, as it should be. I want to see a living breathing world of pokemon and people interacting together, doing every day things. I want to see Pokemon just standing around like the people do.

pokejungle    25

Zelda seems to be Nintendo's big focus at E3 and the press release about their event didn't mention Sun/Moon at all. Hopefully we do get something good though...

Nomyt    50

I'm guessing the Nintendo direct after my birthday, will be what's in the next corocoro magazine. The two dates seem close enough.

Oza    4
15 hours ago, Nomyt said:

I'm guessing the Nintendo direct after my birthday, will be what's in the next corocoro magazine. The two dates seem close enough.

Yeah, that happened a few times with X and Y too I think. I just hope there's something substantial this time. Like they better not just show 1-3 pokemon and leave it.
(Also I have no idea what Holidays 2016 means. When are these holidays? I am clueless. No idea when to expect the games.)
Also, happy birthday!!
(I'm getting the direct as a birthday present :P)

Nomyt    50
7 hours ago, Oza said:

Yeah, that happened a few times with X and Y too I think. I just hope there's something substantial this time. Like they better not just show 1-3 pokemon and leave it.
(Also I have no idea what Holidays 2016 means. When are these holidays? I am clueless. No idea when to expect the games.)
Also, happy birthday!!
(I'm getting the direct as a birthday present :P)

I'm pretty sure when they first did big news for X/Y, and B/W. It was box legendaries (no typing however, not until close to the games release.), and the starter. And then the next couple of months they showed the odd 3/4 pokemon, a few trainers, and important people, few more pokemon, then region overview but no routes laid out, and then quiet for a little bit. Holiday 2016 usually means end of November/December time. Usually.

Thank you, and happy birthday to you too. Use to be someone at my school with a birthday straight after mine....you're not called Jade, are you?

Malco    64

Only 3 hours and a handful of minutes remain...

Don't be optimistic. Pretend that they will troll again, and we'll be amazed when they don't!

Edited by Malco

Smitje    64

First off. Why does the Dutch channel have 23.11.2016 as a release while the US and Japan have 18.11.2016? Is it because I was putting money on 22.11.2016 for the release...

So you can pick your skin colour and I see a scene in which he isn't wearing a hat so, clothes too? Seems like S&M are going again further into free movement. I have to wait for the final evolutions to say for sure but I'm leaning towards Rowlet (Grass, Flying) It also seems they got rid of the circle the Pokémon would stand in during battle.. But no following Pokémon. :( Or anime Pokémon cries. Or the solution for world hunger. 

All those people knew the box art. All of them.. (Japan Trailer)

The legendaries. Sun's is cool but SaberLeomon much? :P But still sticking with Moon for now. 

Litten and Popplio are interesting. I like Popplio the least. The collar looks like it was placed just because.. If Ash keeps Serena and Clemont as partners. I see Serena getting Popplio, Ash a Litten and Clemont a Rowlet. Based on information on the official website. 

Also it is pretty clear that they based the region on Hawaii.

Edited by Smitje
  • Like 1

TeeJay    12

AAAAH, I'm so excited to see a region based on Hawaii!  

Okay so of the three starters, the owl is my fav. I'm not really a cat person and the water type (for once) is my least favorite of the three. The collar and the doofy nose are a bit too goofy-looking to me. But I'll have to see their final evolutions to make the final decision.

I'm getting Moon for sure. I work nights, so I'm nocturnal. Moon calls to me on a spiritual level.

So it looks like we'll be able to see the trainers all the time in battle now? Unless I observed wrong. If so that is awesome, I hope the trainers have animations for giving commands in battle too. Just a simple point ahead or something, and a few others to shake things up. As for the music, I really hope it has a wild jungle-like island feel, with bongos and steel pans or something. Maybe some chanting?

I also noticed that the character models look more akin to how the more detailed models looked in the cutscenes in ORAS. They look more detailed and proportional. I like it a lot!

I think Moon's legendary looks the coolest, and the most unique. Sun's legendary seems a bit generic. Another lion. Woo.

I'm a bit disappointed that we're getting another friendly rival, but I like his design. Very islander.

Looks like there's some sort of sumo ring at the north of the map up there? I assume that's the "extra activity" of Alola, like Hoenn and Sinnoh's contests, and Johto's Pokéathlon. All Pokemon games seem to have one of those secondary activities. 

November can't come soon enough IMO. It feels like ages since X and Y dropped. 

Edited by TeeJay

Nomyt    50

That owl. <3 I mean, seriously. Isn't my next starter pokemon 110% awesome, he spins his head around to look at you when taking orders. He part flying, considering the high amount of bugs generally in the starting area. He gonna be useful, and he gonna get tanked on levels. Since so many people were gunning for a grass bird starter, I just thought it would be a parrot, or some Hawaii bird of paradise, or something. Never thought of owl. This is fantastic. Owl! I know we have Hoothoot, and noctowl, and I love them dearly. They rocked my flying in silver, but as my grass starter being the owl. That's just fantastic. Owl!

Don't get me wrong, Hair Ball, Fire Ball, is pretty sweet, but already looks like a fire/dark, although colours don't always match up later on (Blitzle, Shinx, both of you should have been part dark.) I'm really hoping this one gets a shock typing.

And sea lion is....I don't think sea lion is popular. It seems to be not talked about much.

Called the lion sun legendary, even the colour. Didn't guess the bat legendary, that's pretty awesome. Although, I fear it maybe another dark/flying legenedary.

• Like 1

TeeJay    12

For the life of me I will not understand why the edit button disappears on this website

I wonder if there will be a shortage of ice pokemon in the Alola region...

Edited by TeeJay

Malco    64

5 minute edit window. So people can't go back on their word and make troll bait-and-switch posts that they edit after people already react to them. Heh heh heh.

13 hours ago, Smitje said:

First off. Why does the Dutch channel have 23.11.2016 as a release while the US and Japan have 18.11.2016? Is it because I was putting money on 22.11.2016 for the release...

Delays for Europe again, I guess. As usual. This has to stop, really. Everyone should get the game at the same time. :)

Edited by Malco

Oza    4
6 hours ago, TeeJay said:

I'm hoping the bat legendary is Dark/Dragon personally. That'd be cool.

I'm hoping for Dark/Fairy