pokejungle

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discussion

Smitje    64
On 20-3-2016 at 2:24 PM, Wes said:

Agreed, although I had difficulty catching 'em all because I was forced to choose between Pokeballs and clothes (I always picked clothes). 

Have you tried the Battle Chateau? Easy money there. Especially if you use a Amulet Coin. 

EDIT: First second page on the forum get?!

Edited by Smitje
  • Like 1

Wes    115
52 minutes ago, Smitje said:

Have you tried the Battle Chateau? Easy money there. Especially if you use a Amulet Coin. 

I did that and utilized Hotel Richissime, but I still found myself bankrupt very often. 

And speaking of Hotel Richissime, I hope that we can pursue more "mini careers" in Sun and Moon. I'd love to help Nurse Joy out at the PokeCenters. 

Smitje    64
6 hours ago, Wes said:

I did that and utilized Hotel Richissime, but I still found myself bankrupt very often. 

And speaking of Hotel Richissime, I hope that we can pursue more "mini careers" in Sun and Moon. I'd love to help Nurse Joy out at the PokeCenters. 

I would like that. I also would find it incredible if we could pick what kind of battler we want to be in the beginning of the game. I really enjoy double battles for example, would be nice to be able to have a playtrough like that. 

LadySasaki    6

Reminds me of a very accurate cartoon I saw back when XY came out: a girl looking in the mirror and saying to her bruised, battered Pikachu 'Sorry baby, you'll have to wait for the potion, mommy needs a new hat'  :P

It's not so bad if you don't shop at Lumiose; that place can wreck your bank balance over a single pair of shoes.

I have this awful feeling they won't bring back customisation in SM...but if they do, I'd like many more boutiques, with lots of different styles to choose from that echo the style of the town/city. And I want to be able to wear boys clothes too, like in Animal Crossing!

Smitje    64
43 minutes ago, LadySasaki said:

Reminds me of a very accurate cartoon I saw back when XY came out: a girl looking in the mirror and saying to her bruised, battered Pikachu 'Sorry baby, you'll have to wait for the potion, mommy needs a new hat'  :P

It's not so bad if you don't shop at Lumiose; that place can wreck your bank balance over a single pair of shoes.

I have this awful feeling they won't bring back customisation in SM...but if they do, I'd like many more boutiques, with lots of different styles to choose from that echo the style of the town/city. And I want to be able to wear boys clothes too, like in Animal Crossing!

Poor Pikachu D:

Yea, I'm also scared they might not keep the custom players and outfits. But I'm mostly scared they might pull another Black/White. Give us no access to the older generations before the endgame. I like it if they are mixed, makes the game look fuller and also gives so much more team building options.  

Wes    115
12 minutes ago, Smitje said:

Poor Pikachu D:

Yea, I'm also scared they might not keep the custom players and outfits. But I'm mostly scared they might pull another Black/White. Give us no access to the older generations before the endgame. I like it if they are mixed, makes the game look fuller and also gives so much more team building options.  

I like having the option for team variability, but with new generations I like to have a team full of new Pokemon anyway, so it wouldn't bother me too much to have a repeat of what BW did. 

Nomyt    50

13 minutes ago, Smitje said:

Poor Pikachu D:

Actually, I'm the opposite. I loved B&W for that reason. Forced me to use newer pokemon, rather than keep in a comfort zone of old pokemon.

LadySasaki    6

If these games connect to Bank, they wouldn't be able to lock that out until post-game though, right? So we'd presumably have access to Kanto pokes and their evolutions.

zoroark25    2
15 hours ago, LadySasaki said:

If these games connect to Bank, they wouldn't be able to lock that out until post-game though, right? So we'd presumably have access to Kanto pokes and their evolutions.

I'd say this is possible, but bank could connect to XY and ORAS at any time, so it may be the same here. It's still up to that person to decided if they should use those mons or not, so it may not matter to GF. They are probably banking on the new mons being used more.

Smitje    64

20 hours ago, Wes said:

I like having the option for team variability, but with new generations I like to have a team full of new Pokemon anyway, so it wouldn't bother me too much to have a repeat of what BW did. 

20 hours ago, Nomyt said:

Actually, I'm the opposite. I loved B&W for that reason. Forced me to use newer pokemon, rather than keep in a comfort zone of old pokemon.

Wow, guys thanks for the backup :P

I just rarely like the newer Pokémon.. I don't know why, maybe I like using 'rarer' Pokémon or I might just kling to the past. :/

20 hours ago, LadySasaki said:

4 hours ago, zoroark25 said:

I'd say this is possible, but bank could connect to XY and ORAS at any time, so it may be the same here. It's still up to that person to decided if they should use those mons or not, so it may not matter to GF. They are probably banking on the new mons being used more.

Good points. But you can't place transfer your Kanto Pokémon to XY/ORAS. Only to S&M, but couldn't I then place them again on PokéBank and transfer them than to XY, now being a 'normal' up to date Pokémon? 

And who knows maybe S&M will become a second Johto to me. 

• Like 1

Spindae2    0

2 and a half to 3 weekes till CoroCoro comes out! I really hope they will blow my mind.  So excited to see new pokemon and new stufff. 

Would love for something more interactive features with the pokes use them with certain moves for certain tasks.  

LadySasaki    6

I'm so excited. Even if they only give us starter/boxmascot silhouettes, at least we're confirmed to be getting something instead of just blindly hoping.

The thing that will make me fangirl scream over these games will be the eventual gameplay trailer. The region is gonna look so gorgeous, I can feel it in my bones!

• Like 1

Smitje    64
15 minutes ago, LadySasaki said:

I'm so excited. Even if they only give us starter/boxmascot silhouettes, at least we're confirmed to be getting something instead of just blindly hoping.

The thing that will make me fangirl scream over these games will be the eventual gameplay trailer. The region is gonna look so gorgeous, I can feel it in my bones!

There are only eight months left before the holidays. So I do hope they share things and not make it an complete blind release as it were. 

And silhouettes are always good fun, people trying to colour them in guess their type. 

5th_g_pkmn_starters_revealed_by_kmau.jpg

Malco    64

Likely a placeholder.

At some points, Diddy Kong's amiibo's release date was listed as December 31, 2016 last year, if I remember correctly.

zoroark25    2
23 hours ago, Smitje said:

Wow, guys thanks for the backup :P

I just rarely like the newer Pokémon.. I don't know why, maybe I like using 'rarer' Pokémon or I might just kling to the past. :/

Good points. But you can't place transfer your Kanto Pokémon to XY/ORAS. Only to S&M, but couldn't I then place them again on PokéBank and transfer them than to XY, now being a 'normal' up to date Pokémon? 

And who knows maybe S&M will become a second Johto to me. ]

True, we will have to wait and see how its done. In the mean time, who's up for my favorite activity up to new pokemon games?

RUMOR TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, for whatever reason, 4chan had many "leaks" today So it's time for another

Sun And  Moon Rumor ROUNDUP!!!!!!

Rumor 1

=Wendigo or Lorax?]

This image of the supposed build of a new mon. Doesn't say anything on it, but this could be pretty cool.

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25682857/new-leaked-pokemon

Rumor 2

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25682390/good-evening-i-dont-know-a-very-lot-about-pokmon#p25682908

99% Fake.

Now this next one is intriguing....

Rumor 3

The Starter's Show themselves?

Several threads showed up on 4chan. the first one had those silhouettes, and these as story details:

>Left

Grass Frilled Lizard

>Middle

Fire Tiger

>Right

Water Cassowary

It's an amalgamation of Hawaii and Australia, borrowing elements of both in terms of culture, aesthetic, wildlife, environment.

The region is composed of three island.

The smallest island is where the player character starts out, located on the bottom left of the map. There's two towns, one city and one gym, a Flying gym. Afterwards, you take a ship to the main island of the region, which is the largest. This is where the next five gyms are located, along with the last one, but that can only be accessed after visiting the third island, where two other gyms are located.

>>25676941

GRASS STARTER

The bump on the back is a tail pointed upwards, the frills are the two things coming off each side of the rounded center (face). The limbs are single digit claws.

>>25676966

CRYSTALS

They're correlated with the Legendary Pokémon of the games. One forwards time, one reverses, and they both affect the alignment of the Earth. Correlating with the Sun and Moon, the general theme of these games is time (days passing, life goes on, etc etc). Certain scripted events take the player forward or backwards in time to certain events and locations seen in previous games.

I should clarify, the main island contains five gyms, including the last. Don't want it to seem as if I implied a ninth gym. I'm writing from my phone, so sorry if my responses aren't as elaborate as I'd like them.

The box legends are very humanoid but also eldritch in design. They don't necessarily look like Pokémon, but more a link between Pokémon and humans. This isn't to say they don't look like legendaries. It's very difficult to describe, but they definitely stand out.

See above for my explanation on the time and alignment affects that the Legendaries' stones have.

I'll go more in depth on designs if asked.

>>25677061

Yes, Megas are still around. No, there are not any new additions/changes to the meta game.

>>25677066

No new types.

The villainous team is composed of two sets of people: the remaining few of the native tribe of the region, and a group of vigilantes who swear by being "extraterrestrial," despite their appearance.

Yes, new Megas.

>>25677083

Lysandre and other aspects of Kalos do return in Sun and Moon, but only just as much as the rest of the previous generations/games. See my post above. Scripted events connected with time travel will allow the player character to visit past and future regions briefly (based on Sun/Moon's point in the timeline).

The Sun legend is Fairy/Fire, the Moon legend is Fairy/Dark

I have no information about ribbons.

A plethora of in game events, yes. Very much so.

The male character has dark brown hair in what almost look like dreadlocks. Wears a snapback/baseball cap, the usual. Also sports a hoodie with a Pokeball design.

Female character has long brown, almost red hair. Angled fringe, very sharp looking hair. Wears a lumberjack/trapper hat with a Pokeball design.

No information on new balls. No new cross gen evolutions.

>>25677207

See above.

>>25677212

(Customization)

Yes.

(the other leaker who claimed the OP was lying. their info:

OP LIES! True leaks here.

National Dex is huge. Has lots of new and old pokemon. Expect about 115 new pokemon.

Starters: water/fighting, easy mode. grass/flying, normal mode. fire/rock, "hard" mode. The progression of gyms will be easy for water.

Gyms include: rock, ground, fire, dark, fairy, fighting, normal, and steel. E4: Water, Grass, Fire, Electric. Champion is mixed.

Route 1 pokemon include a 3 stage bird. You have seen the first stage in the Sun/Moon trailer. Stage 2 gets longer legs and bigger plumage. Stage three has a scythe like beak, long legs, angry eyes, and is rather large. Another new Pokemon on this route is a possum. Normal type. It evolves at night to a larger/menacing possum. Normal/Dark.

There is a Water/Bug moth pokemon. Only one in the game. Available before gym 7. It's a lunar version of Volcarona.

There is a fairy type with split evolutions based on Romeo and Juliet. They have frilled collars like shakespeare and their eyes look like theater masks. Catch the first stage, KO the male, level up female, it evolves to Fairy/Dark. Same process and end type for the Male.

Fire/Grass lizard that evolves from a normal type lizard. Held item, grass stone, at level 30 use a fire stone.

No fusions or bursts. The stones in the logo are for the legends. No new types.

Baby pokemon learn some moves the evolved forms only learn through tutor as an incentive to breed them. 2 new baby forms of past pokemon.

A few new branches of existing pokemon too. Spritzee gets a Fairy/Flying one. Looks nothing like a Plague Doctor. Swirlix gets a Fairy/Ground one. Both are cutsey.

Mega Evolution is sitll around and can still only mega one pokemon at a time. 18 new megas. 10 available in both versions, 4 exclusives each.

New villain team. The story culminates at an eclipse party. Solar in one Lunar in the other. The legendary shows up there. You use your Version's to battle the other summoned by villains.

Ask me more if you want.

OP is wrong. The region is1 huge island, 2 large ones, 1 mid sized one, and 2 tiny ones.

It is very much Hawaii. There are multiple gyms on the main island. E4/Champ is on the mid size one. Starter town is on the main island too. You live in a beach house thing with your mom.

>>25677057

They are ancient pokemon that only surface during Lunar/Solar Eclipses. One has 2 legs, one has 4. Both share fairy typing. One is part fire, one is part poison.

>>25677143

Lysander no but there are a lot of familiar faces from past games throughout.

There is a character like Yui. She is not Red's kid though.

>>25677212

Yes. Every outfit from XY is back plus a bunch of new ones.

>>25677282

The big form is available in the game. The others that arent the snake are not.

Yes.

Unova gets a lot of love for megas.

>>25677321

Yes.

>>25677368

Big 2 leg Zygarde can be obtained. Ash Greninja is not available. It might, MIGHT be a distribution though.

>>25677411

Southern Kalos only. The Chantelaine return.

More new Pokemon.

Grass/Electric. 3 stage line. Tribal warrior themed. FInal stage is behind a big mask. Looks cool.

Fire/Electric. A Liger, I think. It's mostly red with white on its face and yellow stripes on the body.

Magearna will be distributed around the launch of the game. It is this game's Lucario.

>>25677565

No.

Box Legends, a small legend, and a Pseudo.

Friendly Rival is the Professor's kid. Competitive Rival is a third character. It's a guy who is either super tan or black. His mother is a gym leader. He wants to get strong to make her proud. His dad is an aid to the prof.

>>25677607

Emolga, no. The staters are given to you like Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur were in XY. I'll let you connect the dots.

>>25677643

See above. Mega Krookodile looks great. Utilizes Anger Point as its mega ability.

>>25677573

Fairy/Steel

>>25677722

Largely the same. It is a more vibrant world. You can see some pokemon fly and others swim in the sea if you wander the map.

>>25677739

No, no. Lucario as far as marketed pokemon. Expect it to show up in a lot of things. I should have specified that.

wew

>>25677233

There are two new Pikachu clones, one representing day time, one night time. They look like they're based on hedgehogs.

The professor is a scientist who generally studies astrology.

>>25677282

Zygarde's forms appear in a scripted event where the player character is briefly in Kalos. See above for more information on this.

No Dark Gym.

The only new Mega I have any information on is a Mega Pikachu.

>>25677289

Plenty for both genders.

>>25677326

All I know is Pikachu, who gets one. During a scripted event where you return to Kanto, you get a Pikachu and are given its corresponding stone for its Mega Evolution.

Kanto has two more scripted events than any other region.

No. The player character only briefly gets access to specific locations from each region

100 new pokemon

No, there is no Burst Heart.

Yes, there is a trio.

You have two rivals. The male is a sporty boy with an on-top-of-the-world personality. The other is a misfit tomboy with a bad attitude.

>>25677573

Fairy/Steel

>>25677612

Mega Stones are stones, last time I checked.

The Pikachu you are given during the scripted event in Kanto cannot evolve, and is the only Pikachu that can evolve using the stone. It's a special event specifically for the 20th Anniversary, and is reminiscent of Yellow.

The graphics do receive improvements, but they're overall the same as Gen 6's. The NPC and battle models are the same.

Dolphin finally

No exclusive megas

That was all of the op's info, the other leaker sounds like bull or trying to get attention, so I left that info there, but their other posts were arguments with people within the thread.

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25676798/sun-moon

if your wondering about the colored images. two other threads showed up with them in it, and people touched up the images to get them to look like that.

It's pretty interesting stuff, but probably all fake. I love the story details, they sound pretty cool. But what's your thoughts on this?

• Like 1

Smitje    64
17 hours ago, zoroark25 said:

-Snip of all snips-

Sounds interesting. (Lets say this is all real) I'm not at all on 4chan and have no idea how to navigate it. 

Of course Pikachu get a Mega even when it goes against all of it. I would find it interesting if Pikachu would decided to evolve to Raichu and can then Mega Evolve. 

I think Hawaii is a real option, we might see more forms of Pokémon like on the Orange Islands? 

Also with the Kanto mission and such I wonder if they might go the way of DLC? Now you have this but in the summer of 2017 you can get an older region. All if they would do this I don't think Sun and Moon would be right titles. Something like Pokémon Universe would be a better fit. 

I really like the baby Pokémon learn special moves thing. I don't really get why the incenses are still there given most baby evolutions are well known..  

EDIT: Also. 8/10 to much water already.. :P 

Edited by Smitje
  • Like 1

Nomyt    50

Love peoples ideas, and such. Obviously a lot of fakes, but I'll be surprised if some ideas will similarly be used. Like the starter town, another town, and first gym on one island, another couple of gyms on the next island, etc.

Starter forms are always awesome to see ideas, except the one about grass/electric, and fire/electric being the types. Love to see those type combos however. As well as the tribal one, and many of the ideas for other pokemon.

One of the gyms being dark would be cool. Hope the gym leaders called Nomyt. :P

Smitje    64
25 minutes ago, Nomyt said:

Love peoples ideas, and such. Obviously a lot of fakes, but I'll be surprised if some ideas will similarly be used. Like the starter town, another town, and first gym on one island, another couple of gyms on the next island, etc.

Starter forms are always awesome to see ideas, except the one about grass/electric, and fire/electric being the types. Love to see those type combos however. As well as the tribal one, and many of the ideas for other pokemon.

One of the gyms being dark would be cool. Hope the gym leaders called Nomyt. :P

I would find it interesting if they would step away from Water/Grass/Fire. Wouldn't something like Fighting/Psychic/Dark also work? 

Also I already see the too much water memes incoming... 

And who knows everything is possible lets add it to the rumours in the maybe, maybe pile? :)

Nomyt    50
1 minute ago, Smitje said:

I would find it interesting if they would step away from Water/Grass/Fire. Wouldn't something like Fighting/Psychic/Dark also work? 

Also I already see the too much water memes incoming... 

And who knows everything is possible lets add it to the rumours in the maybe, maybe pile? :)

Nope, as Dark doesn't effect psychic at all. I think one that did use to make a good triangle was Fighting, Flying, Rock. However, I quite like the tried an tested G/F/W, it would be weird to change it now, like if they added another two gyms.

Same, when I saw whatever that water place in the trailers, I was like......aw, hell.

Haha, there's stuff in my maybe maybe pile that's been there since gen 2 was announced. My friend and I thought about having skateboards in the game (rollers are pretty close, so I mark that as a near win.), friend said about a magic type with would be strong against dragon (finally, hello fairy). Although, I still want my full sized elephant, Mantis Shrimp, and my girafarig evo. However, I did get my Zebra, and Pistol Shrimp. :D And my fire/ghost, water/ghost, and grass/ghost pokemon.

Smitje    64

I just realised something small and amazing they could add. What if you give Pokémon stat enhancing items like; Thick Club, Evolite, Assault vest, you also see the change in the stat numbers. 

Malco    64

There will be more pages. There will be more pages. There will be more pages.

Hahaha who am I kidding? Fortunately, my lowered expectations policy left me less disappointed that I would've been.

Corocoro, I knew it.

• Like 1

Malco    64

Well E3 was when they showed the ORAS trailer with the kid and the soaring.

Many people are angry right now about the lack of revelation, but Corocoro/Gamefreak are just riling people up April Fools-style for the E3 reveal. They are really just saving their ammo.

A bit too stingy with the info, in my opinion.