pokejungle

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discussion

On September 22, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Malco said:

I hope there's a new "Ice Stone" item that serves as Alolan Ninetales evo requirement and also replaces Glaceon's ice rock requirement. And Leafeon should now use leaf stone to evolve.

Though they could also use a shiny stone...

There is an ice stone, it was leaked on the Spanish website then taken down soon after.

Smitje    64
6 hours ago, PokemonKing16 said:

What we really need is a crackdown on people asking for "special" Pokémon and legendaries at unattainable levels(1-10 legendary for a shiny Charizard), I mean really!!!

Well some give a ways use this mechanic, so both parties don't have to be online or swap FC's. Something I always find to work is to deposit a reasonable Pokémon for trade of the one you want, lots of people hate the Rattata Lv.1 for Moltres deposits.

So for Europe we are what? 12 hours away from the Demo? I really want to look at the customisation options, in XY you can change your battlemenu's background I do hope we get that little detail also in S&M. 

Other than that I'm still a little bit bummed out that they again reset the Pokémon ID for entering competitions.. 

Does anyone like UB?
I like their design, and I think their prototype seems to come from the planet.
For example, Venus is described as a symbol of love and beauty, which may refer to UB02 Beauty . Mars is described as a symbol of strength, and it may be referring to UB02 Absorption .
Saturn refers to the Roman mythology of farming God, and the green UB similar to the Kaguyahime from Japanese  legendary. We can see it in the image of bamboo.
Jupiter is also described as the god of lightning, and the black UB looks like a wire.
Although I did not find exactly the other few places, but I think UB01 is Mercury, the paper is Uranus, the fat monster is Neptune, and the last one is Pluto.

Smitje    64
On 19-10-2016 at 4:52 PM, KurageMafuyu said:

Does anyone like UB?
I like their design, and I think their prototype seems to come from the planet.
For example, Venus is described as a symbol of love and beauty, which may refer to UB02 Beauty . Mars is described as a symbol of strength, and it may be referring to UB02 Absorption .
Saturn refers to the Roman mythology of farming God, and the green UB similar to the Kaguyahime from Japanese  legendary. We can see it in the image of bamboo.
Jupiter is also described as the god of lightning, and the black UB looks like a wire.
Although I did not find exactly the other few places, but I think UB01 is Mercury, the paper is Uranus, the fat monster is Neptune, and the last one is Pluto.

I'm not sure about them yet, they might not even be Pokémon.. 

So the Demo dropped? Any thoughts about that anyone?

Things I noticed: 

• No PC in the Pokémon Center, could be just the demo but then why not just block it with a person like they did on multiple other locations?
  • Smoother controles? I had more control over Tauros then I ever had over my roller blades in X.
  • No more pressing X to quickly exit menus. 
  • Poké Ride, seems the new HM's which is awesome, you can hotkey Pokémon to the D-pad for quick deployment. Wonder if they even have a bike this generation? It would be amazing if multiple Pokémon can do the same function but you can choose which one you want to use?
  • Still no quick overview in the party menu like you have in the PC the top screen is still empty.
  • You can no longer sit down!!?
  • Greninja can only level up one level in the demo.
  • There is a new tab in the bag 'free space' what it does? Not a clue.
  • Obstacles respawn pretty quickly, might just be the demo.
  • Lots of Pokémon out and about, so why no following Pokémon GameFreak?! :(

Malco    64

I think free space is where you can move your favorite items.

If you still have the super potion you can move it there.

Smitje    64
13 hours ago, Malco said:

I think free space is where you can move your favorite items.

If you still have the super potion you can move it there.

I no longer have the Super Potion but you can also move the Z ring and Z crystal in there. 

I just realised with the D pad no longer used for movement hatching eggs is going to require a bit focus. :/

44 minutes ago, Smitje said:

I no longer have the Super Potion but you can also move the Z ring and Z crystal in there. 

I just realised with the D pad no longer used for movement hatching eggs is going to require a bit focus. :/

I can understand them wanting to use the circle pad to show the full range of possible movement, but they could have at least left the d-pad able to be used if we found the circle pad too troublesome.

Smitje    64
13 hours ago, PokemonKing16 said:

I can understand them wanting to use the circle pad to show the full range of possible movement, but they could have at least left the d-pad able to be used if we found the circle pad too troublesome.

We didn't have access to the options, so it might be an option to switch those? Now you can also make the L trigger the A button if you want.

9 minutes ago, Smitje said:

We didn't have access to the options, so it might be an option to switch those? Now you can also make the L trigger the A button if you want.

I think that the L=A option has been there since Gen3 but since no one used it it was forgotten about

Nomyt    50
13 hours ago, Smitje said:

Well, the d-pad seems to be used for registering items in the key items. Which I've used ever since that's been brought into the series. On the demo, I have up on the d-pad to auto select tauros ride. Saves like two seconds, but still awesome.

Smitje    64
12 hours ago, Nomyt said:

Well, the d-pad seems to be used for registering items in the key items. Which I've used ever since that's been brought into the series. On the demo, I have up on the d-pad to auto select tauros ride. Saves like two seconds, but still awesome.

Wouldn't the circle pad then take that over and become the hotkeys?

Smitje    64

So the feature I'm most looking forward to is the Poké Pelago I think. It for the first time gives me a reason to catch other Pokémon than just the ones I want in my team.

What feature are you most looking forward to?

Oza    4

i know!! Very annoying. I've currently grabbed my Butterfree to exploit Compound Eyes. Worked like a charm with Skarmory (first go!), Jangmo-o I've had two with no claw so far (and they're such a pain to find!)

Nomyt    50

I ended up trading something for Weavile. Can't remember what, Politoed I think with a nugget attached. Now I only need to trade one pokemon to completely complete the pokedex. Kartana! And why does nobody want Pheromosa. Seriously, I have four, and tried to trade one for either Buzzwole, and Kartana, and in the end, I ended up trading a spare Celesteela for Buzzwole. :frown:

Still. I thought the UB missions would be a little harder. Since they are suppose to be tougher, but those Beast Balls work to well. I think I never threw more than 3-4 balls on a "tough" battle, and 90% of the time it took me 1-2 balls.

Necrozma might possibly be my favourite legendary. Prisms, Black, and Light. Super freakin' awesome. Was a little tough to battle him, he took out my Lycanroc, and very nearly killed my Decidueye (for some reasoning it kept trying to use "Wring out" while I was lobbing ultras at him.)

Also, fun times earlier. I was getting rid of the ten Jangmo-o's threw wonder trade, and I managed to get two shinies. A Trubbish (which looks awesome), and a shiny ditto. Both have Pokerus, and the ditto is called 6IV, but I highly doubt that. (Although, ditto did come with the red knot, so who knows. I'm not interested in going to check it, I may just leave it in my pc.)

Once I get Kartana. I'll return to my life as a shiny breeder.

Oza    4
6 hours ago, Nomyt said:

Still. I thought the UB missions would be a little harder. Since they are suppose to be tougher, but those Beast Balls work to well. I think I never threw more than 3-4 balls on a "tough" battle, and 90% of the time it took me 1-2 balls.

Well, Beast Balls add a 5x to catch rate. And the UBs don't have as low catch rates as some legendaries. Pheromosa and Kartana literally have 255, it's ridiculous.