Malco    64

Sorry for double post, but you can also have Ice Beam or Thunderbolt for Wigglytuff's last move, depending on the coverage you need. Flamethrower just seems to be the default because of your Sunny Day.

Smitje    64
23 hours ago, Malco said:

Wigglytuff: Flamethrower/Fire Blast for the last move
Beedrill: I like Protect for the last move since it needs one turn to get the ridiculous Mega's speed.
Sunflora: It's not a good staller though. May I recommend a coverage move instead of Leech/Toxic, like HP Fire or Earth Power.
Pidgeot: Forget Air Cutter, and take both Uproar and Roost
Espeon: Last move probably should be Baton Pass. It will let you escape a Pursuit trap AND run away with your Calm Mind.
Quagsire: Recover/Toxic/EQ/Waterfall or Aqua Tail (last move is preference between accuracy vs power)

23 hours ago, Malco said:

Sorry for double post, but you can also have Ice Beam or Thunderbolt for Wigglytuff's last move, depending on the coverage you need. Flamethrower just seems to be the default because of your Sunny Day.

I think I do go for the Flamethrower given I don't have a Fire-Type Pokémon. And I want Aqua Tail but it is an MoveTutor move on the end of the game. Protect was also a good call. Thank you for your advice. 

Smitje    64
On 8-4-2016 at 5:43 PM, Malco said:

You're welcome, but I forgot another.

Beedrill: Focus Energy -> Drill Run

Thanks. All I'm planning on getting the Sniper ability wouldn't then Focus Energy be more practical? I don't know how long it would take to get the Beedrillite.

Malco    64
4 hours ago, Smitje said:

Thanks. All I'm planning on getting the Sniper ability wouldn't then Focus Energy be more practical? I don't know how long it would take to get the Beedrillite.

I'm not sure if Beedrill can survive the turn to setup the Focus Energy, though. So I would just attack even in-game.

I have found a better Sniper who actually has decent bulk: Kingdra. Not that it'll change your in-game team, though.

Smitje    64
16 hours ago, Malco said:

I'm not sure if Beedrill can survive the turn to setup the Focus Energy, though. So I would just attack even in-game.

I have found a better Sniper who actually has decent bulk: Kingdra. Not that it'll change your in-game team, though.

I have a Sniper Kingdra, that is where I got the idea. 

I also made a Marowak, but am a bit unsure about him. He was designed to be an addition to my Trick Room team. I'm planning on also making a Slowbro that will fit in. 

• Pokémon: Marowak
  • Pokéball: Nestball
  • Ablility: Battle Armour
  • Nature: Brave
  • IV's: 31 / 31 / 31/ x / 31 / 0
  • EV's: Attack 252, HP 252, SpDef 6. 
  • Item: Thick Club
  • Move Set: 
    • Bonemerang
    • Iron Head
    • Skull Bash?
    • Protect

Malco    64

Doubles? Because Protect would probably not benefit in singles since you're not running leftovers.

I'd say Smogon has a good reco... Stone Edge for anti-Flying, Double Edge just because it hits hard on Levitaters, and Knock Off because Gengar and ghost+grass types exist.

So it'd look like Bonemerang, Double Edge/Stone Edge, Knock Off, Fire Punch/Aerial Ace/Substitute/Swords Dance/Protect.

Smitje    64
20 hours ago, Malco said:

Doubles? Because Protect would probably not benefit in singles since you're not running leftovers.

I'd say Smogon has a good reco... Stone Edge for anti-Flying, Double Edge just because it hits hard on Levitaters, and Knock Off because Gengar and ghost+grass types exist.

So it'd look like Bonemerang, Double Edge/Stone Edge, Knock Off, Fire Punch/Aerial Ace/Substitute/Swords Dance/Protect.

Yea, doubles sorry that I didn't clarify. I did switch out Skull Bash for Stone Edge. I don't have access to Knock Off. I think I liked the idea of Skull Bash because it is a move I see Marowak use, just like Iron Head. 

Smitje    64
On 12-4-2016 at 0:44 AM, Malco said:

Too bad Skull Bash is a 2-turn move... :( which is why it's never used.

Yea, because otherwise it has great damage. :( I looked more into Wigglytuff and made these hopefully better changes? It will be mostly used for double battles. 

On 5-4-2016 at 1:04 AM, Smitje said:
  • Pokémon: Wigglytuff
  • Pokéball: MoonBall
  • Ablility: Competitive
  • Nature:Modest Quiet
  • IV's: 31/x/31/31/31/31 0
  • EV's: HP 252, Def 128, SpDef 128
  • Item:   ????    Leftovers
  • Move Set: 
    • Hyperbeam/Hypervoice
    • Dazzling Gleam
    • Thunder Wave (when I have access to the MoveTutors it will likely change to Stealth Rock)
    • Fake Tears? Flamethrower

Malco    64

Well that actually looks decent. :)

And I don't feel like removing any of Quagsire's moves is a good idea for Stealth Rock...

Smitje    64
1 hour ago, Malco said:

Well that actually looks decent. :)

And I don't feel like removing any of Quagsire's moves is a good idea for Stealth Rock...

Quagsire? And I'm also toying with the idea of doing Toxic instead of Thunder Wave. My Porygon2 is such a tank I could easily wait them out. If only they would stack, like Poison and infestation do.

Smitje    64
18 hours ago, Malco said:

It makes sense. That team is kinda stall-y anyway save for some revengers like Beedrill.

I meant what did you mean with Quagsire? Because I only have Wigglytuff, with the idea of Stealth Rocks. 

True. I think a good defense is the best offence. I also got intrigued today about Mamoswine because of that. 

EDIT: I again looked over Wigglytuff mostly because it is a pain to breed.. Igglybuff and all. Wouldn't Wish be a good move to have if I going to play it defensive? 

Edited by Smitje

Malco    64

Don't they hatch as Jigglypuffs?

Oh well, you'll have to use friendship power level 3 twice and bike to evo those igglybuffs by level 2.

As for Quagsire, I like its current moveset and can't justify taking any out for Stealth Rock so Wigglytuff seems to be the most logical user.

Smitje    64
On 16-4-2016 at 2:42 AM, Malco said:

Don't they hatch as Jigglypuffs?

Oh well, you'll have to use friendship power level 3 twice and bike to evo those igglybuffs by level 2.

As for Quagsire, I like its current moveset and can't justify taking any out for Stealth Rock so Wigglytuff seems to be the most logical user.

Nope, Igglybuff. Even though it is a pain, I'm still a supporter for the removal of the incense breeding mechanic. Also I start to realize that I have missed some items in my playing. I haven't used O-Powers that much/ at all.  

Smitje    64

Any thoughts? I think I start to understand the game more. Both of these would be an addition to Porygon2 and Marowak. 

• Pokémon: Slowking
  • Pokéball: LureBall
  • Ablility: Regenerator
  • Nature: Quiet
  • IV's: 31/x/31/31/31/0
  • EV's: HP 252, Def 248, SpDef 10
  • Item: Leftovers
  • Move Set: 
    • Slack Off
    • Water Pulse
    • Heal Pulse
    • Swagger/ Toxic?
  • Pokémon Usage: Double Battles, Trick Room addition.

• Pokémon: Clefable
  • Pokéball: MoonBall
  • Ablility: Unaware
  • Nature: Relaxed
  • IV's: HP 252, Def 148, SpDef 108
  • EV's: 31/x/31/31/31/0
  • Item: Rocky Helmet
  • Move Set: 
    • Follow Me
    • Moonblast
    • Moonlight
    • Sweet Kiss/ Heal Pulse/ Heal Bell?
  • Pokémon Usage: Double Battles, Trick Room addition.

Smitje    64

Porygon2 or Slowking. ( I scrapped toxic) And Clefable I would use more now in combination with Kingdra, Kingdra does Focus Energy to get those solid crits while Clefable does Follow Me, and can also heal Kingdra when needed. To be honest I really need an extra move slot because I also want Clefable to know Aromatherapy. 

Malco    64

I wonder if you're counting on people not attempting to Taunt the Slowking (with the knowledge that it can be Oblivious) by giving it Regenerator... that increases the bulk, but this is doubles, so the opponent will probably lead their taunter once they see your team in preview.

• Like 1