Smitje    64

Not sure about a Move Set, choice of Ability, Nature or an EV spread you thought of? Ask it here. 

Layout template: 

• Pokémon: 
  • Pokéball:
  • Ablility:
  • Nature:
  • IV's: HP / Att / Def / Sp.Att / Sp.Def / Spe
  • EV's: X / Att / Def / Sp.Att / Sp.Def / Spe
  • Item:
  • Move Set: 
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  • Pokémon Usage:
  • Metagame:

Edited by Smitje
  • Like 1

Smitje    64
  • Pokémon: Psyduck
  • Pokéball: Lureball (If possible and if I can find it.)
  • Ablility: Swift Swim
  • Nature: Timid
  • IV's: 31/x/31/31/31/31
  • EV's: Def 6, Sp.Att 252, Spe 252
  • Item: Eviolite
  • Move Set: 
    • Scald
    • Spybeam
    • Rain Dance
    • Soak (Double battles? Paring with an Electric type?) or Confuse Ray?
  • Pokémon Usage: General battling, with a leaning towards double battles.

Any feedback? I could evolve it but would like to make a Pokémon that isn't fully evolved yet. 

6 minutes ago, Smitje said:
  • Pokémon: Psyduck
  • Pokéball: Lureball (If possible and if I can find it.)
  • Ablility: Swift Swim
  • EV's: Def 6, Sp.Att 252, Spe 252
  • Item: Eviolite
  • Move Set: 
    • Scald
    • Spybeam
    • Rain Dance
    • Soak (Double battles? Paring with an Electric type?) or Confuse Ray?
  • Pokémon Usage: General battling, with a leaning towards double battles.

Any feedback? I could evolve it but would like to make a Pokémon that isn't fully evolved yet. 

I feel like it would do better if it were paired in doubles with a Politoed that has Drizzle and a Damp Rock. Maybe Amnesia or Calm Mind instead of Rain Dance? And Soak/Confuse Ray/Future Sight could work for the last move. Honestly, I think Golduck would be better because I think its defenses are higher than Psyduck's even  with the Eviolite, but you could definitely make Psyduck work. 

Smitje    64
On 16-3-2016 at 9:13 PM, Skiddo The Survivor Fan said:

I feel like it would do better if it were paired in doubles with a Politoed that has Drizzle and a Damp Rock. Maybe Amnesia or Calm Mind instead of Rain Dance? And Soak/Confuse Ray/Future Sight could work for the last move. Honestly, I think Golduck would be better because I think its defenses are higher than Psyduck's even  with the Eviolite, but you could definitely make Psyduck work. 

(I had a reply for this days ago but then the forum derped and I lost it in the end.) 

I looked into Drizzle but only two can have it and both are water types. I think I will take Confuse Ray as a final move, Future Sight can be nice but I don't know what Pokémon the other trainer might send in next, might be a Dark type. There is always the option to switch between Soak and Confuse Ray with the Move Reminder. I have Hearth Scales for days. 

I agree that Golduck is better and maybe I evolve him, if he doesn't do what I wanted. A very good use for the Evolite would be a Porygon2 build. 

Smitje    64
  • Pokémon: Shuckle
  • Pokéball: SportBall
  • Ablility: Contrary
  • Nature: Brave
  • IV's: 31|31|31|X|31|0
  • EV's: HP, 252 | Att, 252 | Def, 6?
  • Item: Iron Ball
  • Move Set: 
    • Gyro Ball
    • Rollout
    • Sticky Web
    • Sweet Scent, Toxic?
  • Pokémon Usage: Battling, Thinking of paring it with Porygon2 who uses Trick Room,

Any suggestions? :)

Malco    64

Well, you may need another field: "Metagame: Singles, Double, Triples, Rotation, Multi" just to make it certain.

Sticky Web is a bad idea because you are cutting down the opponent's speed, meaning less Gyro Ball damage and making the enemy "faster" in Trick Room.

If it's doubles, you can replace it with Protect.

I think Iron Ball as an item is overkill in slowness but it does increase Gyro Ball damage.

As for your partner, have you considered Oblivious Slowbro as your Trick Room starter?

Smitje    64
13 hours ago, Malco said:

Well, you may need another field: "Metagame: Singles, Double, Triples, Rotation, Multi" just to make it certain.

Sticky Web is a bad idea because you are cutting down the opponent's speed, meaning less Gyro Ball damage and making the enemy "faster" in Trick Room.

If it's doubles, you can replace it with Protect.

I think Iron Ball as an item is overkill in slowness but it does increase Gyro Ball damage.

As for your partner, have you considered Oblivious Slowbro as your Trick Room starter?

Added the 'Metagame' tag. 

And you're right, Sticky Web wouldn't be handy if I want to do a Trick Room thing. Protect would be perfect, it also being a priority move. 

I want to build a Slowbro with the intend to Mega Evolve, but for this I feel Porygon2 does the job. It has 25 more stat points and with Evolite it will also gain a extra 50% to Def anf Sp.Def. 

Edited by Smitje
grammar

Malco    64

Well it's a toss-up between P2's godly defense stats and Bro's "can't be taunted" TR starter... (obviously I was referring to non-mega Slowbro)

Either is viable. TR Bro loses Regenerator though, for having to run Oblivious.

Smitje    64
11 hours ago, Malco said:

Well it's a toss-up between P2's godly defense stats and Bro's "can't be taunted" TR starter... (obviously I was referring to non-mega Slowbro)

Either is viable. TR Bro loses Regenerator though, for having to run Oblivious.

I do want to make a Regenerator Mega Slowbro in the future. But I've been really enjoying battling with Porygon in the Battle Mansion and he only becomes stronger when evolved into Porygon2. 

Are you currently working on any Pokémon?

Malco    64

I just think of a gimmick and I make it. I probably have all the OU and UU I can want right now other than legends.

Recently I made an Intimidate Granbull. And before that two Klefkis, one for singles and one for doubles.

I already have about 4-5 boxes of self-bred competitive pogeys. I like Dusk Balls and try to put everything in Dusk Balls.

That said, my next Pokemon projects are Rotom-Mow and Rotom-Heat.

Edited by Malco

Smitje    64
22 hours ago, Malco said:

I just think of a gimmick and I make it. I probably have all the OU and UU I can want right now other than legends.

Recently I made an Intimidate Granbull. And before that two Klefkis, one for singles and one for doubles.

I already have about 4-5 boxes of self-bred competitive pogeys. I like Dusk Balls and try to put everything in Dusk Balls.

That said, my next Pokemon projects are Rotom-Mow and Rotom-Heat.

Wow that are a lot of Pokémon! :) Granbull is also one I want. 

I place every Pokémon in its own chosen ball. Can be tricky sometimes. At this point I no longer like it if I have two of the same balls in my team. 

I'm planning a new Kingdra and a Rapidash. 

Smitje    64
38 minutes ago, Malco said:

Want me to send you snubbull with egg moves?

Thanks for the offer but strangely I find it fun to do the egg moves.. 

But out of curiosity what egg moves did you choose?

Smitje    64
On 24-3-2016 at 5:34 PM, Malco said:

Fake Tears, Close Combat, Heal Bell, Focus Punch

Latter two have tutor though.

Interesting, will keep those in mind.

Now planning my Kingdra, with Scope Lens and Focus Energy. Hopefully pushing that critical hit change to +3 meaning it will hit a crit every time and then we add Sniper. :)

Smitje    64
On 25-3-2016 at 5:01 PM, Malco said:

I have like 7 rotoms now. Just also bred 2 liepards--one doubles one singles support.

Wow, how do you keep your boxes neat? I'm out of room, I need to clear out before I can continue and I'm putting it off. I have PokéBank but then in a couple of months all those will be cluttered.

Malco    64
2 hours ago, Smitje said:

Wow, how do you keep your boxes neat?

Well having extra carts help.

My AS currently has my benched competitive mons (5 boxes, arranged by same mon together), competitive and maison teams together (2 boxes, not entirely full but arranged in teams), potential breeding projects (3 boxes of dusk ball Pokemon), egg moves (4 boxes), and dream/apricorn balls females (3 boxes).

My X contains my tradeables (not great IV legends, shinies, vivillons).

My Y is my... "mass release" device. All the unused wonder trades, breedjects, etc. they go here via Bank to get released into the wild by resetting the game save.

Also, I try to nickname ALL my competitive Pokemon. The nicknames are either puns or sly hints on what the Pokemon's role/EV spread is.

Edited by Malco

Smitje    64
21 hours ago, Malco said:

Well having extra carts help.

My AS currently has my benched competitive mons (5 boxes, arranged by same mon together), competitive and maison teams together (2 boxes, not entirely full but arranged in teams), potential breeding projects (3 boxes of dusk ball Pokemon), egg moves (4 boxes), and dream/apricorn balls females (3 boxes).

My X contains my tradeables (not great IV legends, shinies, vivillons).

My Y is my... "mass release" device. All the unused wonder trades, breedjects, etc. they go here via Bank to get released into the wild by resetting the game save.

Also, I try to nickname ALL my competitive Pokemon. The nicknames are either puns or sly hints on what the Pokemon's role/EV spread is.

That mass release is great idea. I don't have Y but still great way to do it. I also name all my Pokémon but their names have nothing to do with their IV or EV's

Malco    64

When I said puns I also mean names based on appearance or lore of the Pokemon. So yeah I do lovely names too.

For the role/EVs spread names here are some examples:

1. Gimmick Key (Klefki)

2. Simple Eater (252 HP 252 Attack), Labyrinth (A complex mishmash of HP, Def and SpD) (Mawile - for mega)

3. and a fairly straightforward one: Intimidator (Gyarados), because the other one is Moxie

Smitje    64

I see the only thing I always do is that the name starts with the first letter of the Pokémon name. The only two exceptions are as for as I know. Heracross, who is named Lodewijk and Porygon2, who is named 01101. 

Edited by Smitje

Malco    64

I no longer keep breedjects except 1-2 copies (M+F if 2 copies),

Kekeke.

I just made my competitive Volcarona and Flier one.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
EVs: 252HP, 252 SpD, 4 Spe
Bold Nature
-Hidden Power Ground
-Bug Buzz
-Fiery Dance
-Quiver Dance

That'll teach Heatran to stand in my way... xD

• Like 2

Malco    64

Dang, edit doesn't work anymore after a while. I meant 252 Defense, not Special Defense. :)

Anyway, I'll probably be re-making my Azumarill since my original one is in a Pokeball. Thinking of Dusk Ball or Dive Ball for the replacement.

Smitje    64
On 4-4-2016 at 7:15 AM, Malco said:

Dang, edit doesn't work anymore after a while. I meant 252 Defense, not Special Defense. :)

Anyway, I'll probably be re-making my Azumarill since my original one is in a Pokeball. Thinking of Dusk Ball or Dive Ball for the replacement.

I would go for a Dive Ball, it the Pokémon better? 

So you know I haven't finished ORAS, mostly because I find it a petty that the Pokémon I would train would be useless in any other battles. So I thought why don't I IV and EV train 6 Pokémon on X and Pokébank them over? Not being too serious with them but I would like for them to have potential. There of course will be the need for HM's. Yay.. Might use an illegal Mew of level 100 I got as an HM Slave.   

• Pokémon: Wigglytuff (Strenght)
  • Pokéball: MoonBall
  • Ablility: Competitive
  • Nature:Modest
  • EV's: HP 252, Def 128, SpDef 128
  • Item: ?
  • Move Set: 
    • Hyperbeam/Hypervoice
    • Dazzling Gleam
    • Thunder Wave
    • Fake Tears?

• Pokémon: Beedrill (Rock Smash)
  • Pokéball: NetBall or SportBall
  • Ablility: Sniper/ Adaptability 
  • Nature: Adamand
  • IV's: 31/31/31/x/31/31
  • EV's: Att 252, Spe 252, HP 6
  • Item: Beedrillite
  • Move Set: 
    • Poison Jab
    • Focus Energy
    • X-Scissor/ U-turn?
    • Roost? (later Tailwind)

• Pokémon: Sunflora (Cut)
  • Pokéball: FriendBall
  • Ablility: Chlorophyll
  • IV's: HP 128, Def 128, Spe 252
  • EV's: 31/x/31/31/31/31
  • Item:
  • Move Set: 
    • Sunny Day
    • Solarbeam
    • Leech Seed/ Toxic?
    • Synthesis

• Pokémon: Pidgeot (Fly)
  • Pokéball: FastBall
  • Ablility: Keen Eye/ No Guard
  • Nature: Modest
  • EV's: Spe 252, HP 252, SpAtt 6
  • Item: Pidgeotite
  • Move Set: 
    • Fly/ Heatwave later
    • Hurricane
    • Air Cutter
    • Uproar/ Roost?

• Pokémon: Espeon
  • Pokéball: DreamBall
  • Ablility: Magic Bounce
  • EV's: Spe 252, SpAtt 252, HP 6.
  • Item:
  • Move Set: 
    • Psychic
    • Shadowball
    • Calm Mind/ Trump Card?
    • Yawn?

• Pokémon: Quagesire (Waterfall & Surf & Dive?!!)
  • Pokéball: LureBall
  • Ablility: Unaware
  • Nature: Careful
  • IV's: 31/31/31/x/31/31
  • EV's: HP 252, SpDef 128, Att 128.
  • Item:
  • Move Set: 
    • Recover/ Eerie Impulse
    • Earthquake
    • Body Slam/ Amnesia
    • Waterfall/ Aqua Tail?

Malco    64

Wigglytuff: Flamethrower/Fire Blast for the last move
Beedrill: I like Protect for the last move since it needs one turn to get the ridiculous Mega's speed.
Sunflora: It's not a good staller though. May I recommend a coverage move instead of Leech/Toxic, like HP Fire or Earth Power.
Pidgeot: Forget Air Cutter, and take both Uproar and Roost
Espeon: Last move probably should be Baton Pass. It will let you escape a Pursuit trap AND run away with your Calm Mind.
Quagsire: Recover/Toxic/EQ/Waterfall or Aqua Tail (last move is preference between accuracy vs power)