Sign in to follow this  
Wes

Ultra Beast Theories (Datamine Spoilers!)

Wes    115

I'm creating this thread to discuss any theories you have or may have heard from other sources regarding Ultra Beasts

To start, I'd like to build on the idea that they're all based upon invasive species and environmental concerns. I'll discuss each Beast below, so if you don't want to be spoiled by my theory, please stop here!

UB-01: Jellyfish; this one is by far the most obvious. Jellyfish pose a threat to other creatures with their stings- both when they're underwater and when washed up on the shore. 

UB-02 Absorption: Mosquito; again, quite obvious. These bloodsucking creatures are known for spreading disease through human and animal populations and can be devastating to species who form communities. 

UB-??: Coral; this one isn't as apparent and could very well be wrong, but the sharp angles of this creature are reminiscent of shards of broken coral that are a huge danger along shorelines. 

UB-??: Bamboo; this plant is known for the fact that it is difficult to control and is sometimes considered an invasive species. There are even stories of bamboo being used as a form of torture, with the shoot growing straight through peoples' bodies!

UB-??: ?; the black Ultra Beast is the only one I cannot identify a possible inspiration for.

UB-??: Humans; this humanoid Beast resembles a bunch of electrical utilities that are likely a call to industrialization and the impact that humans themselves have on the environment.

UB-02 Beauty: Cockroach; these disgusting little creatures reproduce like crazy, and are generally viewed as pests anywhere in the world.

UB-??: Coconut Crabs; although many people think that these crabs are a simple part of the Hawaiian ecosystem, they are actually an invasive species and are quite terrifying considering their size. 

IMG_20161106_163444.JPG

• Like 3

GimmeTOKYO    1

I would like to refute a couple of these, or expand upon them, if I may...

UB-??: Coral; this one isn't as apparent and could very well be wrong, but the sharp angles of this creature are reminiscent of shards of broken coral that are a huge danger along shorelines. 

While an excellent theory, it feels more like origami. It kinda resembles a really fancy origami decorations used in NYD shrines:

ie-island-new-years-2014-2015-japanese-n

UB-??: Bamboo; this plant is known for the fact that it is difficult to control and is sometimes considered an invasive species. There are even stories of bamboo being used as a form of torture, with the shoot growing straight through peoples' bodies!

I agree with this, but want to expand upon it. It reminds me of Princess Kaguya, or the princess born from bamboo. The arms look like bamboo stalks, and the body gives a sense of royalty, and like it's wearing a very fancy kimono.

842165-30086-clp-950.jpg

UB-02 Beauty: Cockroach; these disgusting little creatures reproduce like crazy, and are generally viewed as pests anywhere in the world.

I would like to refute this, and say it's more based off the silverfish.

dreamstime_xs_28984738.jpg

They are just as much of a pest as cockroaches, butt you really only find them in dark places, like boxes of books and the like. (I had found some before in boxes I had in storage. They're hella annoying.

• Like 1

Aurora Fae    24
1 hour ago, GimmeTOKYO said:

I would like to refute a couple of these, or expand upon them, if I may...

While an excellent theory, it feels more like origami. It kinda resembles a really fancy origami decorations used in NYD shrines:

ie-island-new-years-2014-2015-japanese-n

I agree with this, but want to expand upon it. It reminds me of Princess Kaguya, or the princess born from bamboo. The arms look like bamboo stalks, and the body gives a sense of royalty, and like it's wearing a very fancy kimono.

842165-30086-clp-950.jpg

I would like to refute this, and say it's more based off the silverfish.

dreamstime_xs_28984738.jpg

They are just as much of a pest as cockroaches, butt you really only find them in dark places, like boxes of books and the like. (I had found some before in boxes I had in storage. They're hella annoying.

Princess Kaguya was an amazing movie

I personally would like to expand on the theory with a theory of my own... The description for UB-01 has stated its body is like Glass, so
Perhaps not only are they based on Invasive species, but also Inorganic materials, UB-01 is Glass, The Origami one is paper, The Bamboo one also somewhat resembles a concrete structure so thats my guess there, UB-02 absorption's proboscus has been said to be as hard as Diamonds, i mean i could be reaching there... The black one could be something like Obsidian, The Guzma wires one could be plastic or copper or just wiring in general. :P but I'm not sure about the last 2... Of course this is just a theory and most likely reaching in certain parts...

GimmeTOKYO    1

Hooooooly chet.

So CoroCoro leaked, and my descriptions are like... RIGHT ON THE FREAKIN' MONEY.

The Origami one (Kartana) is literally origami. It's more apparent in it's official art It's head is like an Origami Samurai helmet, and it's "arms?" look like katanas.

And the Baboo one (Celesteela) really looks like freakin' Princess Kaguya. :o:o:o:o:o

(Dunno how to obscure spoilers, so I made their official names teeeeeeny tiny.

corocoro-ultra-beasts.jpg