Ithsme

PokeJungle League Gym Leader Organization

193 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Poekoko said:

That was looong ago for you! Did you just install browserhax and never system update? How do you continue to do it?

I have two 3Ds's.  My old one I simply never update and use for hacking, so I guess it kinda worked out.  Go figure.

Anyways while we still do need to set things up for the league proper, I figured it might be good to start sharing things that we know are concrete with our teams.  Like our formats and what pokemon we use since I do feel that the latter is something that we should state openly.  After all if your good you should be prepared for any possible team.

So concrete team before Bank:

1. Metagross

2. Togedemaru

3. Lucario

4. Scizor

5. Probopass

Wildcard. Pelipper

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Mellomori said:

Anyways while we still do need to set things up for the league proper, I figured it might be good to start sharing things that we know are concrete with our teams.  Like our formats and what pokemon we use since I do feel that the latter is something that we should state openly.  After all if your good you should be prepared for any possible team.

So concrete team before Bank:

1. Metagross

2. Togedemaru

3. Lucario

4. Scizor

5. Probopass

Wildcard. Pelipper

I've been experimenting with so many different Pokémon on Showdown. It wasn't going well for a while. Some Pokémon that tried (and failed) to be on my team: Braviary, Smeargle, Toucanon, Komala, Stoutland, and Porygon2 (who usually does well for me).

These Pokémon are for sure on my team by now:

• Porygon-Z (My star player)
  • Drampa (super underrated Pokémon, as I've recently discovered)
  • Ditto (to spite and punish anyone for setting up on me)
  • Bewear (Wow that thing can take non-STAB fighting hits well...)

The 5th member is currently teetering between Blissey and a utility Staraptor. Blissey (or Chansey) might seem like a better choice, but this Staraptor set is working surprisingly well. It just might stay.

My wild card Pokémon is Mimikyu, because it's trying to appear "normal," and it's typing combats Fighting and Dragon types so well. Unfortunately it's really been falling flat...the metagame is just so dominated by Steel types and it has nothing to deal with those, even with a Weakness Policy. Once bank comes out, I'll probably switch it out for Assault Vest Kecleon. That's always worked well, and it's kind of my signature at this point ;)

Edited by TheKecleonBandit

There are some Pokemon I'd like to implement post-Bank (namely, Sableye), but for now my team consists of 

1.) Gengar

2.) Mimikyu 

3.) Chandelure

4.) Drifblim 

5.) Aegislash/Marowak (still deciding on this one, if you've got an opinion I'd love to hear it)

*6.) Tsareena

I've been experimenting with

Ash-Greninja

Mandibuzz

Umbreon

Sableye

Weavile

Hydreigion

But it's really not working well with the Tapus and pheromasa everywhere. I Also need to decide which Non-Dark I use ._.

So is there gonna be a set time when I can start challenging leaders?

14 hours ago, Armaggedon16 said:

I've been experimenting with

Ash-Greninja

Mandibuzz

Umbreon

Sableye

Weavile

Hydreigion

But it's really not working well with the Tapus and pheromasa everywhere. I Also need to decide which Non-Dark I use ._.

Why not Alolan Muk? It's neutral to Tapu's typical moves, it can tank special attacks well, and it can fire back with powerful super effective Poision Jabs (or Gunk Shot if you wanna be risky).

My Team Before Bank (Singles):

1. Golisopod (Ace)
  2. Gyarados
  3. Milotic
  4. Sharpedo
  5. Gastrodon
  6. Turtonator
1 person likes this

On 12/11/2016 at 3:44 PM, Wes said:

I'm nearly ready, and if you're ready as well I think we should all start discussing how we'll go about accepting challengers.

Personally, I think the easiest way would be for each Gym Leader to create their own thread for accepting challengers. Then they can format battle requests however they wish. 

On 12/11/2016 at 4:30 PM, Mellomori said:

That probably would, though after we do we should probably create a thread that can easily link to all of the pages encase one gets buried and use it to act as our Q&A page

On 12/12/2016 at 3:02 PM, TheKecleonBandit said:

Shouldn't we wait though until everybody has their badge?

Since we now have our badges, do we want to start getting our pages created? Or did we want to use a different approach?

With Bank finally around the corner I think it's best if we start something because right now I believe we're all sitting inactive or waiting for someone else to make the first move. We need to get a bit more organized if we want to start battling. 

17 hours ago, Wes said:

Since we now have our badges, do we want to start getting our pages created? Or did we want to use a different approach?

With Bank finally around the corner I think it's best if we start something because right now I believe we're all sitting inactive or waiting for someone else to make the first move. We need to get a bit more organized if we want to start battling. 

I agree, @Ithsme , tell us how to set up our "Gym" or at least some guidelines.

1 person likes this

Also I will release each gym badge separately, do you guys want a specifically colored background for the badges (depending on type) or just white.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Poekoko said:

Also I will release each gym badge separately, do you guys want a specifically colored background for the badges (depending on type) or just white.

I personally think white would be better considering many of us incorporated our types' main colors in the badges somewhere. 

Edited by Wes

I agree, @Ithsme , tell us how to set up our "Gym" or at least some guidelines.

Well, I'm sorta just making something up here, so if my plan doesn't sound good, then let me know.

Here's how we'll do it (I guess): Set up your own article with the template "Pokejungle League Gym Leader (Name): (Type)". So for me it'd be called "PJL Gym Leader Ithsme: Flying". If you want, you can even put your badge name somewhere (that's probably what I'll do, too). Once you've done that, set up the ruleset for the matches and I guess a picture of your badge in the post, and that's where the challengers will comment when they want to fight. Start whenver your ready (I'm still not finished, sorry!). So to clarify battles can be singles, doubles, triples, or rotation battles.

Anything I left out?

1 person likes this

Also, my team as of now will be:

- Toucannon

- Skarmory

- Minior

- Honchkrow

- Crobat

- Togekiss (as if you didn't see this coming)

I'll probably swap members for a wild card eventually, which reminds me FEEL FREE TO CHANGE YOUR TEAM IF IT ISNT WORKING WELL

Could I get like a sky blue color please? Thanks again for making these, I really appriciate it!

1 minute ago, Ithsme said:

Well, I'm sorta just making something up here, so if my plan doesn't sound good, then let me know.

Here's how we'll do it (I guess): Set up your own article with the template "Pokejungle League Gym Leader (Name): (Type)". So for me it'd be called "PJL Gym Leader Ithsme: Flying". If you want, you can even put your badge name somewhere (that's probably what I'll do, too). Once you've done that, set up the ruleset for the matches and I guess a picture of your badge in the post, and that's where the challengers will comment when they want to fight. Start whenver your ready (I'm still not finished, sorry!). So to clarify battles can be singles, doubles, triples, or rotation battles.

Anything I left out?

Teams (possibly), FC and IGN, and roughly what times you're available for battle may be useful. 

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, Wes said:

Teams (possibly), FC and IGN, and roughly what times you're available for battle may be useful. 

Oh yeah, the obvious ones that I'm too tired to notice. Nice catch. xD

Hmm...For a color background for my badge, I would generally leave it up to you if you.  My initial thought was something like a pastel gradient to give a sort of misty look.  Like thing a pastel sky blue fadint upwards to white, but I have no idea how it would look really, and more then likely would be bad.