Ithsme

PokeJungle League Gym Leader Organization

193 posts in this topic

Alright, the old thread was getting cluttered (plus it was for the tournament, which is over)

To start things off, I might as well restate the gym leaders.

--------------

Here are the gym leaders along with typings:

PercyEspeon - Psychic

TheKecleonBandit - Normal

Armageddon16 - Dark

SilverRiolu/StarStorm - Fairy

Wes - Ghost

MelloMori - Steel

Poekoko - Water

Ithsme - Flying

---------------
I have a few questions (that you may remember from the last thread) to pose to you all about the rules and regulations of teams, etc.

1. A few of us were debating whether or not we should be allowed to use one pokemon that strays from our typing, for more strategy involved and more complex team builds. Somebody else suggested that it should be closely related to their typing. What do you think about allowing one pokemon to stray from the leader's typing?

2. We're all creating badges. This isn't really a question per se, but I just wanted to mention that again.

3. Do you think we should be able to use mega pokemon that don't have our typing in one form or another? (I don't see anything wrong with it personally)
------------------
I'll quickly restate the battle format for the league in general, for convenience.
- 6 v 6 single battles
- No legendaries/mythicals (No exceptions, so please don't ask me this)
That's pretty much it.
--------------
And now, finally, we have the issue of dealing with the timing of pokemon bank's release. I've been trying to avoid this issue for as long as I could, but now I might as well deal with it. Personally, I just think we should build our teams the best we can until bank's release, and then alter teams from there (you can change your team anytime you want, by the way, so don't feel pressured to have one set team). If anyone else has any other ideas or complaints about this them let me know please.
----------------
I think I've covered it pretty well. What do you think? Any other questions, concerns, complaints, or ideas? We're so close to getting this started after the release of the games in just a few (probably long) weeks, I'm super excited to have gotten this far (honestly I was worried there wouldn't be enough interest). Anyway, let me know what you think about this questions/issues below! :D

My opinions on the questions:

1. I think we should be able to use ONE pokemon that strays from our type, but I don't think it should have to be related to the type at all.

3. I think as long as it has your type in the form it's intended to take, then go for it.

Is this a PJ Pokémon league for Sun and Moon!? HYPE Gonna earn all the badges.

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

Is this a PJ Pokémon league for Sun and Moon!? HYPE Gonna earn all the badges.

Indeed it is! ^.^ 

1. I feel like it would be good to have one pokemon deviating from the type if we want it.

2. Rad

3. I think ask long as either the original or mega form has the same typing, it should be fine

As for the time before bank, maybe we can restrict it to 3v3 until Pokemon Bank is brought to Sun and Moon?

I'm at a total loss for ideas for a flying badge. There's not many options, a wing? Taken (three times) A cloud? Seems boring. I'll have to keep thinking.

1.  I'm completely fine with that so long as you can justify it.  Either it works well with your team, or a simple theme you feel your playstyle and team follow is enough for me.  Like I'm not going to hide the fact that I'll probably use Rowlet's final evo simply because it covers the weaknesses of steel really well, as well as fitting well to the sort of badge design I have in mind.

2.  Working on that, though I'm far from an artist and Might turn to someone else to draw it.  More or less the idea being based off of the nine chakara's. 

3.  Fine with it as well so long as it fits to the teams type.   

To kind of build off of Star's comment, I do think it wise to limit it to 3 v. 3 until we have access to more pokemon.  The simple truth is if that is the final dex, we don't really have that much variety.

As well, and this is purely a thing of preference, but what would your feeling be for having the gymleader decide between single or double battles.  Simple some types are better in the different formats and it would provide a bit more of a challenge for players as they would have to think about changing up their move pools a lot more and not simply relying on the standard S.Rocks and rapid spin format of singles.  Of course this would be something fully transparent to tell trainers so they know how to prepare going in.  

I don't mind 3 pokemon battles before bank, plus it won't take as long to prepare teams so challengers won't have to wait as long. As for the singles or doubles thing, I don't really care either way, I was planning on having it be standard, but it doesn't really affect me either way (plus Liza and Tate did it so it was cool).

I wonder what the challengers would think if I told them I wanted to do a rotation battle. xD 

8 minutes ago, Ithsme said:

I'm at a total loss for ideas for a flying badge. There's not many options, a wing? Taken (three times) A cloud? Seems boring. I'll have to keep thinking.

I would've done something with Angels Wings or Tornadoes. Just my preference on it. Don't use my idea unless you actually want to, some people use my ideas so i don't feel bad... I don't have feelings, JOKES ON THEM!

3 minutes ago, Poekoko said:

I would've done something with Angels Wings or Tornadoes. Just my preference on it. Don't use my idea unless you actually want to, some people use my ideas so i don't feel bad... I don't have feelings, JOKES ON THEM!

Oooh, I just stole had a good idea!

My unsolicited thoughts:

1. One Pokémon should definitely be allowed to deviate. But I don't think it should have to fit into a theme, though as a Gym Leader you totally win style points if it does.

3. I think that as long as the base form or Mega have the appropriate typing then having a Mega should be encouraged. I feel like a team isn't complete without 1 Mega.

misc: I think each Gym Leader should be allowed to pick the battle style for their gym. 

It would be more visually pleasing if you all had 1 person do the final designs for all the badges so that they feel like they belong to the same league.

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, Ithsme said:

I don't mind 3 pokemon battles before bank, plus it won't take as long to prepare teams so challengers won't have to wait as long. As for the singles or doubles thing, I don't really care either way, I was planning on having it be standard, but it doesn't really affect me either way (plus Liza and Tate did it so it was cool).

I wonder what the challengers would think if I told them I wanted to do a rotation battle. xD 

Oh yeah! leaders should be able to choose a battle style

1 minute ago, SilverRiolu said:

Oh yeah! leaders should be able to choose a battle style

I wish we could choose inverse battle; I'd do that (or sky battles) in a heartbeat.

11 minutes ago, Ithsme said:

Oooh, I just stole had a good idea!

Nah, I'm lost again. Oh well, I'll come up with something eventually.

It would be cool if we had gym leader designs too, like the actual trainer

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Poekoko said:

It would be cool if we had gym leader designs too, like the actual trainer

You can if you want, I'd think it'd be better to just have gym leader outfits, in-game, since we can see trainer models in battle now.

3 people like this

1 minute ago, Ithsme said:

You can if you want, I'd think it'd be better to just have gym leader outfits, in-game, since we can see trainer models in battle now.

Oh rite, forgot about that! Nevermind

1 minute ago, Ithsme said:

Good point. Unless we can get our hands on a Sugimori mimicking artist. Then it'd be worth having a trainer design too. lol

1. I'm all for having one Pokemon with a different type. It will help us counter those who build teams solely of Pokemon with type advantages over us. 

2. I've planned a few badge designs already, including a candle, a will-o'-wisp, a mirror with a generic scary face in it, or something incorporating the tarot symbol for death. My only problem is I don't know how I'm going to go about creating the final design. The only program I'm somewhat competent in is MS Paint. :P

3. While I don't think I'll benefit from it, I think we should be able to use a Mega of our type, even if its base form doesn't fit in. 

As for the 3v3 suggestion, I think that sounds doable until we have access to Bank. 

It would be neat if we all drew ourselves as Gym Leaders to see everyone's different artistic styles, but that probably shouldn't be mandatory. I might give it a shot, though it likely won't turn out too great. 

Edited by Wes

1. I'm cool with one Pokémon deviating from our type, if we so choose.

3. Generally with Monotype teams, Pokémon are only allowed if their base type (when they're first sent out) matches the type of the team (Ex. a Flying team could use Mega Gyarados but a Dark team could not). I think the rule is fair, but that's just my opinion there.

I like the idea of 3 v 3 until bank is released.

Oh also, here's my badge! Not as good as Poekoko's, but I still like the idea anyway.

PerceptionBadge.jpg

5 people like this

I was looking through the Dex to evaluate what Ghost types are available to me without Bank, and a new question to be addressed came to me: Will Silvally be banned, or is it fair game?

6 minutes ago, Wes said:

I was looking through the Dex to evaluate what Ghost types are available to me without Bank, and a new question to be addressed came to me: Will Silvally be banned, or is it fair game?

Well it's safe to assume that Silvally isn't a legendary since it can evolve. However, we'll have wait and see how OP it ends up being. I wonder if Type: Null will also be competitively viable - maybe it'll be a great Eviolite holder? Those Pokémon still have some mystery surrounding them, that's for sure.

1 person likes this

I wish I had some drawing/computer skills to make a badge xD I have an idea, but I dunno if it sounds good, let me know what you think?

It would be called the Clairvoyance Badge and it would be a brain with a open eye in the center. 

3 people like this