Sign in to follow this  
Accalia_Luperca

Greetings Fellow Pokemon Enthusiasts

Sorry about the serious title I just didn't want to only put hello so I tried to be different. I've been stalking Pokejungle for a while but I just recently decided to make an account here. I have no idea why it took me so long. 

Anyways a bit about me I'm from California in the United States. I recently graduated with a B.S. in Animal Science and I'm hoping to get in vet school but since this is my first time applying my hopes aren't high because most people get in on their third or second try. As an Animal Science major it's probably not surprising that I love Pokemon. When it comes to Pokemon I just recently became interested in competitive battling despite being a fan from the Red and Blue days. So please be patient with me with regards to that. I'm sure I'll love this community and it's members.

Edited by Accalia_Luperca
Submitted before I could finish accidentally whoops
  • Like 2

Smitje    64

Welcome! :)

Why wouldn't you get accepted, don't you just enrol in education of your choice?

What is your favourite Pokémon Region?

On 10/13/2016 at 7:37 AM, Smitje said:

Welcome! :)

Why wouldn't you get accepted, don't you just enrol in education of your choice?

What is your favourite Pokémon Region?

In the U.S. medical school and veterinary school are graduate schools and extremely competitive to get into with veterinary school being more so because there are less schools. For example one school I'm applying to is only accepting 200 students but they usually get around 5,000 applicants. They look at your grades, test scores, experiences in the field, letters of recommendation, and personal background. They then compare you to all other applicants and select who they wish to interview. The interviews then narrow down the selected until they have a number of students they're willing to accept. I wish it was as simple as just signing up for the education I want but sadly it's not. But I'm not going to give up yet. And if it turns out I can never get in then I'll just become a veterinary technician which does allow for anyone to apply.

Hmm my favorite region that's tough. It's either Hoenn or Johto. I know most people hate surfing but I like the ocean. I like the lore for both regions and their maps. If I had to pick one to live in I'd probably pick Johto because I love it's real world counter part in Japan. Although Alola may become my favorite soon.

Smitje    64
20 hours ago, Accalia_Luperca said:

In the U.S. medical school and veterinary school are graduate schools and extremely competitive to get into with veterinary school being more so because there are less schools. For example one school I'm applying to is only accepting 200 students but they usually get around 5,000 applicants. They look at your grades, test scores, experiences in the field, letters of recommendation, and personal background. They then compare you to all other applicants and select who they wish to interview. The interviews then narrow down the selected until they have a number of students they're willing to accept. I wish it was as simple as just signing up for the education I want but sadly it's not. But I'm not going to give up yet. And if it turns out I can never get in then I'll just become a veterinary technician which does allow for anyone to apply.

Hmm my favorite region that's tough. It's either Hoenn or Johto. I know most people hate surfing but I like the ocean. I like the lore for both regions and their maps. If I had to pick one to live in I'd probably pick Johto because I love it's real world counter part in Japan. Although Alola may become my favorite soon.

Really? Here we have some courses like that that have a fixed number of students they can educate, but here it is all done by a random lottery. This year multiple courses that did this canceled their limited numbers and now do allow all students. 

Johto is my favourite, it just feels so homely?? I never could play RSE I never owned a GBA so I played GSC until Diamond came out I think.

On 10/20/2016 at 10:21 AM, Smitje said:

Really? Here we have some courses like that that have a fixed number of students they can educate, but here it is all done by a random lottery. This year multiple courses that did this canceled their limited numbers and now do allow all students. 

Johto is my favourite, it just feels so homely?? I never could play RSE I never owned a GBA so I played GSC until Diamond came out I think.

Yeah Johto feels really welcoming. When I visited Japan 6 years ago I found my time in Kyoto and Osaka to be far more enjoyable than my time in Tokyo. Not that Tokyo wasn't a great place to visit too, I just really enjoyed my time in the other cities because of the culture and how friendly everyone was. In that respect I think the games did a great job capturing the feel of those places.

I never owned a GBC or GB but my friends did. My first video game system was a GBA so Sapphire was the first game that was mine. But I still remember constantly asking my friends to play their Pokemon games especially Silver. I loved the whole day and night function. You can always tell when a game is good when newer games come out but you can still play it and enjoy it just the same.

• Like 1