Sign in to follow this  
Ithsme

Let's start up Jade Jungle again!

Ithsme    120

I was going to write this huge exciting paragraph hyping up development to get people interested in possibly starting up the game again, but I'm so tired right now so here's the barebones stuff.

- I'm looking to start up Jade Jungle again (obviously) but I don't have the ROM that Shiny Noivern worked on, nor do I have the dex. I do remember a few pokemon though, so I'm suggesting we keep what we remember and move forward.

- I'll try to take care of most of the programming, but what I need from you all is ideas and art. I'm really bad in the creative field, so I'd love for people to pitch in ideas. And art. I suck at drawing, especially computer art.

So let me know what you think (and please let me know what you remember!) and if you have any questions, go ahead and ask. This'll take a ton of time, so don't get too hyped just yet, but I'd really love to start this project again.

Oh my God I'm so tired. (-.o) zzZZ

StarStorm    41

I guess I'll post my skill set?

I have a tiny tiny bit of experience in gen 3 rom hacking. I could probably pick it up really quickly. I'm proficient in Unity2D though. 

I can also design pokemon. Maybe just concept art for characters and pokemon before they are made into sprites. I can also do official art.

Ithsme    120

So here's what I remember:

- The theme of the game had something to do with nature vs. urbanization

- The fire starter was Goatini, and bipedal goat who was holding a martini

- The grass starter was Sproot, and elephant

- The water starter was some kind of slug

Not much else. We could completely start over if we don't remember much.

Ithsme    120
4 minutes ago, SilverRiolu said:

I guess I'll post my skill set?

I have a tiny tiny bit of experience in gen 3 rom hacking. I could probably pick it up really quickly. I'm proficient in Unity2D though. 

I can also design pokemon. Maybe just concept art for characters and pokemon before they are made into sprites. I can also do official art.

It would be done using RPG Maker. I feel like I could handle a lot of the programming; it would be complacated to split it up, but art design and ideas is always helpful. That's what I'm least experienced in, so great! :D If you have any fakemon ideas let me know!

Poekoko    88

Wait, you sure you know how to script scenes, add Pokemon, index sprites, script battles, creating custom moves/tilesets, placing the tiles...

Cuz I'm working on a rom hack right now and it's looking decent... humble beginnings though. Not gonna say what my game is about tho. I can do most of what I said... except I'm only done like 1/8th of the game xD

OOOHHH its in RPGMaker.... I edit the actual rom

Ithsme    120
4 minutes ago, Poekoko said:

Wait, you sure you know how to script scenes, add Pokemon, index sprites, script battles, creating custom moves/tilesets, placing the tiles...

Cuz I'm working on a rom hack right now and it's looking decent... humble beginnings though. Not gonna say what my game is about tho. I can do most of what I said... except I'm only done like 1/8th of the game xD

OOOHHH its in RPGMaker.... I edit the actual rom

Yeah. Big difference there. You want to help me out? :P

Poekoko    88
1 minute ago, Ithsme said:

Yeah. Big difference there. You want to help me out? :P

I don't use RPG maker, but I can at least create some designs and stuff. My knowledge of scripting GBA Pokemon games won't help here, but I can put in some story/Pokemon input

Edited by Poekoko

Ithsme    120
9 minutes ago, SilverRiolu said:

Probably best to start from scratch. I like the theme though

I don't know what happened to all the info. I used to be able to google "Jade Jungle" and find tons of images and information, but now there's nothing. But that's likely because Mt.Moon got deleted.

Ithsme    120
Just now, Poekoko said:

I don't use RPG maker, but I can at least create some designs and stuff. My knowledge of scripting GBA Pokemon games won't help here, but I can put in some story/Pokemon input

Sounds great! :D  I'd say the first step is to plan out pokemon, theme, characters, and story. 

Ithsme    120
1 minute ago, Poekoko said:

Okay! I'm in then :)

So last time, we got submissions for starters, and then took a vote. That seems like the best way to do it, so if you have start ideas, then please show me!

Green    90

I can do Official art and art before it becomes a sprite. I'm so glad you're doing this stuff :D

First the League, now this. You're on fire! Anyway. Yeah. I'm interested.

• Like 1

Green    90
6 hours ago, Smitje said:

What is Jade Jungle a fan made Pokémon game?

Yep. Around 5 years ago, we were making a fan made game, but the person in charge left.

Ithsme    120
7 hours ago, Smitje said:

What is Jade Jungle a fan made Pokémon game?

Eh, project's been cancelled. Sorry for the waste of time, I rushed into it without thinking ahead.

StarStorm    41
59 minutes ago, Ithsme said:

Eh, project's been cancelled. Sorry for the waste of time, I rushed into it without thinking ahead.

It's okay! Happens to everyone sometimes!

Pharap    5
1 hour ago, Ithsme said:

Completely or just the Jade Jungle style version?

Ithsme    120
1 minute ago, Pharap said:

Completely or just the Jade Jungle style version?

I mean, if I was going to make a pokemon fan game I'd be fine. I'm experienced enough with RPG maker, but if I was making something else, I'd use another engine, and I don't have the experience I need for that right now.

Pharap    5
2 minutes ago, Ithsme said:

I mean, if I was going to make a pokemon fan game I'd be fine. I'm experienced enough with RPG maker, but if I was making something else, I'd use another engine, and I don't have the experience I need for that right now.

Ah, fair enough.

A word of caution though, when it comes to programming, the more you learn, the more you realise you don't know :P