Green

Interesting Ways You've Played Through

Green    90

So I decided to playthrough SoulSilver again for the 5th time. I need an interesting way to play, so please share your ideas here :)

Don't say Nuzlocke --_--

Edited by Green

Ithsme    120
59 minutes ago, Green said:

So I decided to playthrough SoulSilver again for the 5th time. I need an interesting way to play, so please share your ideas here :)

Don't say Nuzlocke --_--

Man, everyone is playing HGSS around here it seems. The most unique way I've played would have to be a nuzlocke my first pokemon run ever, on diamond. Call me stupid or whatever, but until I was like 10 I completely ignored all the text in game, and this was when I was 7. I figured out many things on my own, but what I didn't know was how to use the PC. I also didn't know how to switch pokemon unless one of them fainted. So my hall of fame team was a Torterra, Bidoof, Zubat, Buizel, Bronzor, and Gastrodon W (shellos which I put in the day care). I had a lv. 35 torterra before I fought Jupiter. xD The only two pokemon I'd ever use were Torterra and if that fainted then Gastrodon.

• Like 1

Green    90
12 hours ago, Ithsme said:

Man, everyone is playing HGSS around here it seems. The most unique way I've played would have to be a nuzlocke my first pokemon run ever, on diamond. Call me stupid or whatever, but until I was like 10 I completely ignored all the text in game, and this was when I was 7. I figured out many things on my own, but what I didn't know was how to use the PC. I also didn't know how to switch pokemon unless one of them fainted. So my hall of fame team was a Torterra, Bidoof, Zubat, Buizel, Bronzor, and Gastrodon W (shellos which I put in the day care). I had a lv. 35 torterra before I fought Jupiter. xD The only two pokemon I'd ever use were Torterra and if that fainted then Gastrodon.

Lol. Everyone was stupid when they were kids :P

Wes    115

I once did a playthrough where I would only use the types of the upcoming Gym Leader. For example, I could only fight Whitney with Normal types or Morty with Ghosts. It provides quite a challenge, and forces you to train many Pokemon. It's rather infuriating to grind them in the older games though. 

• Like 1

Nomyt    50

I've done type runs. Grass type teams, normal type teams. Some are fun, some are difficult. Black and White really helped out Ghost type teams. xD

Mr_Roboduck    13

Maybe just choose your 3 favourite gen 2 pokemon and only play with them? So like, if I wanted to do this for oras,  I would have Flygon, Camerupt and bellossom. Try it, I want to know if it's possible! I mean, if you beat elite 4 you'd be like those ace trainers on victory road with 2 pokemon and think they can beat the champion. 

Edited by Mr_Roboduck
Forgot to insert funny
  • Like 1

I just started a nuzlocke on my Soulsilver game but I'm thinking about switching to a gym leader challenge when I can. Basically pick a Pokemon type to commit to and have a team only of that type but additional to that you have to pick TM/HM/move for all your Pokemon or at least your main fighters to know. It's easier in the newer games where you can reuse TMs.

• Like 1

Malco    64

All of the challenges that are mention are all based on restricting roster or Pokemon use. How about the below ones, that restrict items in various ways.

No (recovery) item use run.

* Battle style is "Set"
* Gen 6's O-Powers, Gen 5's Join Powers are banned
* Not allowed to use recovery items at all.
* TMs and HMs can only be used in Pokemon Centers.
* You may or may not turn on Exp. Share to adjust difficulty.

No Pokemon Center run.

* Battle style is "Set"
* Not allowed to talk to the Nurse, or any NPC's that heal Pokemon to full. (Exception: any healing that is mandatory to the story)
* You can actually go into Pokemon Centers to access the PC, and only to box or release Pokemon.
* Once you've boxed a Pokemon it is stuck in the PC forever.
* Taking any Pokemon out from the PC is banned. (Otherwise it'd be free healing.)
* You may or may not turn on Exp. Share to adjust difficulty.
* Gen 6's O-Powers, Gen 5's Join Powers are optionally banned
* Hardcore mode/"living off the land" run: Buying any items is banned, TMs may be only used once in Gen 6 onwards.

• Like 1