Ithsme

PokeJungle League Information and Intrest

Ithsme    120

Some time ago, we had a Pokemon League going on at PokeJungle. The basic format was: we had 8 gym leaders, 4 elite 4, and a champion, just like in the games. The reason I'm posting is because I'd like to re-organize the PokeJungle League, and I need to know if there is enough interest. I think how we are going to do it this time is this: we are going to form a tournament of people, and the top 8 challengers get to be gym leaders. The winner gets to choose types first, the second place chooses second, and so on. I'm thinking about ditching the elite four, because last time we did the league, we barely had any challengers because most people had a position. The league will begin after the release of SM, but positions will be chosen beforehand. So feel free to pitch in ideas, questions, comments, anything you might want to say about this. This won't go anywhere without enough interest, so please, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, FILL OUT THIS 1 QUESTION SURVEY: http://goo.gl/ZyntgK . Thanks!

• Like 2

Ithsme    120

Do you think I should start a poll so people can enter into the tournament? Also, when do you think the tournament will be? I want to give people time to prepare.

• Like 1

PercyEspeon    29

Had to remake my account since it was on my old unused email, but here I am :) 
I think the interest alone will determine it and as for when, maybe around December so it gives time to breed and for people who want SM Pokemon to get them ready.
Question, will we have one team throughout the tourney or will we be able to switch members/teams around? 

Ithsme    120
4 minutes ago, PercyEspeon said:

Had to remake my account since it was on my old unused email, but here I am :) 
I think the interest alone will determine it and as for when, maybe around December so it gives time to breed and for people who want SM Pokemon to get them ready.
Question, will we have one team throughout the tourney or will we be able to switch members/teams around? 

I think that we should have one team, but I don't know why, it just seems fair. Single battles, too, unless people overwhelmingly want different. I can just imagine people demanding rotation battles.

• Like 1

PercyEspeon    29
1 minute ago, Ithsme said:

I think that we should have one team, but I don't know why, it just seems fair. Single battles, too, unless people overwhelmingly want different. I can just imagine people demanding rotation battles.

Ok, sweet, I'm fine with that. Now to go through and think about what I want for my team ^^

• Like 1

Ithsme    120
46 minutes ago, The Last Kurusu said:

I say a few days to make teams

It's hard to choose a time that would accomadate everyone. Some people are really busy and can only play for a small amount of time each day, so I want to give them enough time to prepare. How long does everyone else think we should give?

6 minutes ago, Ithsme said:

It's hard to choose a time that would accomadate everyone. Some people are really busy and can only play for a small amount of time each day, so I want to give them enough time to prepare. How long does everyone else think we should give?

Ok  I think a week or so and are we supposed to register types to and some other things 

is their a limit on teams or a Full 6 team 

must are team have one specific move on it like gyms for example Dragon gym: Dragon Claw

What types are taken already 

and how are we doing this?

Edited by The Last Kurusu

Ithsme    120
1 hour ago, Ithsme said:

Some time ago, we had a Pokemon League going on at PokeJungle. The basic format was: we had 8 gym leaders, 4 elite 4, and a champion, just like in the games. The reason I'm posting is because I'd like to re-organize the PokeJungle League, and I need to know if there is enough interest. I think how we are going to do it this time is this: we are going to form a tournament of people, and the top 8 challengers get to be gym leaders. The winner gets to choose types first, the second place chooses second, and so on. I'm thinking about ditching the elite four, because last time we did the league, we barely had any challengers because most people had a position. The league will begin after the release of SM, but positions will be chosen beforehand. So feel free to pitch in ideas, questions, comments, anything you might want to say about this. This won't go anywhere without enough interest, so please, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, FILL OUT THIS 1 QUESTION SURVEY: http://goo.gl/ZyntgK . Thanks!

Alright, so I forgot to put this in. If you are planning on participating in the tournament, fill out this with your username: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/X22WY5T . Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ithsme said:

I like Single battles let's do that

Ithsme    120
2 minutes ago, The Last Kurusu said:

Ok  I think a week or so and are we supposed to register types to and some other things 

is their a limit on teams or a Full 6 team 

must are team have one specific move on it like gyms for example Dragon gym: Dragon Claw

What types are taken already 

and how are we doing this?

1. I'm thinking not this next weekend, but the one after that. That way it gives people at least a full weekend to prepare if they're busy during the week. How does that sound?

2. All out 6 v. 6 I'm thinking

3. No, and the tournament team does not have to be a mono type.

4. No types are taken. The winner of the tournament gets to choose first, second place chooses second, and so on.

5. A tournament decides the types and leaders. The leaders prepare what they can of their teams before the release of SM, and after the release of SM they finish their teams. The people who aren't gym leaders get to challenge the leaders, and if they beat all gym leaders, they get to fight the champion. If they win, they become the champion. 

Any other questions?

• Like 1

Ithsme    120
1 hour ago, Ithsme said:

I forgot to specify that YOUR TEAM FOR THE TOURNAMENT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE MONO TYPE. I want to make this clear before people start making gym teams for the tournament.

34 minutes ago, Ithsme said:

1. I'm thinking not this next weekend, but the one after that. That way it gives people at least a full weekend to prepare if they're busy during the week. How does that sound?

2. All out 6 v. 6 I'm thinking

3. No, and the tournament team does not have to be a mono type.

4. No types are taken. The winner of the tournament gets to choose first, second place chooses second, and so on.

5. A tournament decides the types and leaders. The leaders prepare what they can of their teams before the release of SM, and after the release of SM they finish their teams. The people who aren't gym leaders get to challenge the leaders, and if they beat all gym leaders, they get to fight the champion. If they win, they become the champion. 

Any other questions?

Not any Questions for the moment  Thank you I might still use a pure one typed team though just to get into it 

Ithsme    120
Just now, The Last Kurusu said:

Not any Questions for the moment  Thank you I might still use a pure one typed team though just to get into it 

I mean, you can use a mono type team if you want, but it might lessen your chances to win the tournament. Type coverage is key.

Wes    115

Will the tournament have certain rules? I'd hate to be taken out by a skill-less team of legends, but if they're allowed I'd like to be prepared to stop them.

Ithsme    120
3 minutes ago, Wes said:

Will the tournament have certain rules? I'd hate to be taken out by a skill-less team of legends, but if they're allowed I'd like to be prepared to stop them.

As unpopular as this will likely be, I'm banning all legendaries. I'm sick of seeing a flurry of them in competitive, it'd be VGC all over again. No other rules.

Ithsme    120
2 minutes ago, Green said:

So. It's ok if I'm NEVER allowed to play on weekdays?

Not a problem at all. Many people don't play on weekdays because they're busy or for other reasons. It's perfectly okay as long as you make sure you get all of your battles done on the weekend. If your opponent isn't ready, we'll work something out. 

• Like 1

Poekoko    88
1 hour ago, Ithsme said:

As unpopular as this will likely be, I'm banning all legendaries. I'm sick of seeing a flurry of them in competitive, it'd be VGC all over again. No other rules.

Hold up, hold up, hold up...

No legends? So no Zapdos either?

So we aren't going by Smogon Rules?

Please, I need more specifics before I plan my team

Ithsme    120
13 minutes ago, Poekoko said:

Hold up, hold up, hold up...

No legends? So no Zapdos either?

So we aren't going by Smogon Rules?

Please, I need more specifics before I plan my team

I guess I should take a vote. I tend to dislike smogon rules. I'm not exactly educated in smogon rules, can you specify what other information you need? I was planning on no legends, but if people want to use certain legends, maybe we should allow it. 

2 hours ago, Ithsme said:

I mean, you can use a mono type team if you want, but it might lessen your chances to win the tournament. Type coverage is key.

Ok and just thought are Legendary Pokemon aloud?! That Win't make this fun if they are cause then I know everyone will have you know who's