Sign in to follow this  
Poekoko

My top 10 favorite Pokemon! What's yours?

Poekoko    88

Before I start I would like to say something. I don't know why there isn't this thread on this new forum yet, so I might as well make one. Also I have never really shared my top 10 favorite Pokemon so... here we go! Make sure to say your top 10 below! If there are is anything I spelled incorrectly and/or grammar issues, just tell me.

10. Machoke  machoke.png

I know, you may say, "WHY NOT MACHAMP?" well... my brother would never trade with me to get me my Machamp, I had a cable and everything! But Machoke and his purpleness was amazing anyways! And he learned Revenge and that animation tho! (This was in Ruby, I really only played that as a kid)

9. Hydreigon  hydreigon.png

When I first played BW, I didn't want to train a Deino, It looked weak. And Zweilous looked twice as weak (ha, get it). But once I saw Ghetsis's Hydreigon I was like "I need it!" So i grabbed my Zweilous and trained it up... to level 55 and gave up. The only thing holding this down to 8 is the dumb level 64 evolution. Btw, I have one now, just saying.

8. Altaria altaria.png

IT'S SO POOFY AND CUTE! Yep, I always get a Swablu when I can, but when I do their is usually [number 5] in the game... My sister had a Swablu plush when I was a kid, I think she still has it, I still want it.

7. Swampert  swampert.png

My first ever starter, thus, my very first Pokemon (Mudkip if you want to get technical). Mudkip looked so cute (and it was a water type) and Swampert looked like a BEAST! I always left one slot left to use the Earthquake TM on him (I was a kid, I didn't realize you could just level him up to get Earthquake) and used it against Groudon for neutral damage for an easy capture. Overall, Swampert will always have a special place, and will NEVER leave the list (he will probably just stay at 10 if Sun and Moon bring some goodies) Was number 1 when I was a kid.

6. Flygon  flygon.png

I know this is the second Hoenn dragon, but what can I say? I love em! The thing I loved about Flygon was it's red eye shield things. I loved red as a kid and those red details were ? Also it's a friggen dragon. I swear this is the last Dragon!

5. Aggron  aggron.png

I was a very lazy trainer back in the day, with my only Pokemon strong enough to take the E4 was Swampert (like I said above) in Ruby. But I loved Aggron so much, so I always picked up a Lairon in Victory Road, trained it up, and had my 2nd team member. the other 4 were HM slaves and/or Revive/Heal fodder.

4. Lilligant   lilligant.png

I know, very girly. But I just love it's design, and it's ability Chlorophyll, which goes very well with Ca- my number 1 slot. Also used it in my BW and BW2 playthrough!

3. Regirock  regirock.png

This is the only legendary on the list, I promise. When I was a kid I went on Youtube (or was it Youtube? Maybe it was too long ago to be youtube) and I looked up how to get the Regis in Pokemon Ruby, I saw them in a book and I wanted them. It looked so fake because it told you to put Relicanth in front and Wailord in the back of the party, it looked dumb! But in a hotel room (mind you, this was weeks later, I dunno how I remembered what to do at age 4 or 5) I randomly found a Relicanth, and I had a Wailord that had all the Water HMs on it with me. So I went to the currents past Pacifilog Town, and tried, over and over until I got to the spot. When I ended up at the cave I was surprised, a little hope that this would work sparked in my mind. I then used dig at the wall, a hole opened up. Inside my mind I am screaming as I walk up to the back wall. I close my eyes and click 'A'... nothing happens... I was devastated. I swear I had the right Pokemon! I swear they were in the right order- wait... I switched them because I had Relicanth in back for some reason and then clicked 'A'... SHAKE... CRASH. CRASH. CRASH... silence... I remember seeing a weird rock at Route 111 so... I saw there was a door on the rock now. I used Strength on every spot of the room until... the door opened. I walked inside and saw it, Regirock was standing there... I screamed in happiness. I ran over to my brother and sister and said, "HEY LOOK IT WORKED!" and clicked a on the beast. The music captivated me within seconds... I love it! I just sat there, my head bobbing to the music... ah those were some good times. This is why it is at number 3... the memories!

2. Kingler  kingler.png

THOSE CLAWS THOUGH!  I love this thing. I honestly hope there is an Alolan form too. I love its high attack/defense, and the fact it is a KING! Which makes it the best water type and crab thing imo. I know this is tiny compared to Regirock, but still.... King... ler.

1. Cameupt  camerupt.png

No one saw this coming! My love for camels, and Igneous's sad death in my Ruby Nuzlocke that I did 3 years ago (Screw you, Earthquake Metagross from Steven!) made me fall in love with this Pokemon. I was so hyped for his mega evolution in ORAS. Once I saw the mega stone on Maxie I literally screamed. I just love it. Also if you couldn't tell Hoenn was my boi. CAMERUPT IS AWESOME!!!

Thanks for reading this far mine! Also I tried to find RSE styled sprites for Hydreigon and Lilligant but couldn't find any. I like Ruby and I wanted to show that through the sprites because when I think of 7 of these I think of those exact sprites.

Share your list below! :D

Edited by Poekoko

Malco    64

You might see me talking a lot about competitive because that is exactly what drives me. I like Pokemon battles and I spend a lot of time at the Battle Tower/Subway/Maison.

302.png678.png

Honorable mentions: Sableye, Meowstic (male)
Whenever I think of "support", Sableye comes to mind all the time. I hardly ever used it as a Mega, though, since the Mega is a setup sweeper by design, and I always knew it as a support. If Sableye doesn't fit in a team, he'd be replaced by Meowstic.

641.png641-therian.png

10. Tornadus, Tornadus-T
After being overshadowed competitively by Landorus, I still used Tornadus-T a lot because of its bulk, nice ability, and green color. It isn't as great in X-Y now because the set I love to run (Acrobatics) was not as great without the Flying Gem, so I run it as a kinda taunting special wall.

428-mega.png

7-9. Lopunny
Prior to release, Mega Lopunny was thought to be trash. I thought it was good, but my estimate was "only RU". Well I was wrong wrong wrong, and I'm glad for it. In addition, I use Mega Lopunny a lot in my Battle Maison doubles and triples teams. Its Fake Out animation is simply the best.

145.png

7-9. Zapdos
I've taken a liking to Zapdos after VGC 2014. I used it in all my VGC 2014 teams as well as in the Battle Maison in doubles and triples.
It is also the bird I got in my first run in X&Y because I started with Fennekin.

448.png

7-9. Lucario
Lucario shot up to my most favorite Pokemon ever since the Lucario movie.
Ever since being deposed by Azumarill and Azelf in Gen 4, Lucario stedily slid down until it was out of my "top six Pokemon that I can name as my favorites".
I hardly use it anymore, even in UU.

647.png

3-6. Keldeo
I used Keldeo a lot in Gen 5-6 OU. It also helps that I like water types. I haven't seen his movie, so it had nothing to do with my choice, unlike Lucario. And I swear, Secret Sword is one of the best moves ever. Why doesn't Virizion have it? Why doesn't Keldeo just teach Virizion how to do it?

650.png652.png

3-6. Chespin -> Chesnaught
Chespin is here because it reminds me of one of my original characters and their smile is quite similar. I slotted Chespin here after Lucario was removed from Top 6. While I like Chespin in particular, I use Chesnaught a lot in Gen 6 UU. I always loved using Focus Punch, and I use that gimmick periodically because it's so much fun.

258.png260.png

3-6. Mudkip -> Swampert
Mudkip was the first ever starter in my first ever game in this series: Pokemon Sapphire. Swampert is used sometimes in UU, so it's not quite as irrelevant.

245.png

3-6. Suicune
What could be better than being a pure water type and a cool-looking dog (ish) legend that is usable in anything other than Uber tier? Suicune fits the bill, with Vaporeon as its cheap substitute whenever I don't feel like it.

482.png

2. Azelf
"U-Turn, Stealth Rock, Explosion, Zen Headbutt/Knock Off"... this is the Azelf set I always used since Gen 4. I always preferred it over Alakazam even if Alakazam was better competitively. The AZ team worked together since Gen 4 to win the games.

184.png

1. Azumarill

If Mudkip was my first in-game starter, then Azumarill was basically my "competitive starter". I try to slot it in all my teams in OU. Probably doubles too. And it is great for Battle Maison especially in Singles.

• Like 1

Poekoko    88
6 hours ago, Malco said:

You might see me talking a lot about competitive because that is exactly what drives me. I like Pokemon battles and I spend a lot of time at the Battle Tower/Subway/Maison.

Loved the list btw. I don't really have competitive Pokemon in my list because my favorite Pokemon I have bonds with. I have only played competitive for 4 or 3 years, but the Pokemon I used in Ruby bring me back way farther. Now if we were doing Top 10 competitive Pokemon, my list would be ENTIRELY different.

Malco    64
On 8/11/2016 at 11:18 PM, Poekoko said:

Loved the list btw. I don't really have competitive Pokemon in my list because my favorite Pokemon I have bonds with. I have only played competitive for 4 or 3 years, but the Pokemon I used in Ruby bring me back way farther. Now if we were doing Top 10 competitive Pokemon, my list would be ENTIRELY different.

Well thanks. Of my list, only Mudkip and Chespin lines originated as in-game Pokemon favorites.

Though... you can say I had bonds with these ones through competition instead of story mode or nostalgia reasons.

I can't even remember what team I used in the first time I ran Sapphire anymore... except Mudkip and Kyogre. (I am positive I used the box legend... unlike Earthen, I had no inhibitions!)

Smitje    64

I would say my favourites are, in a semi order: 

1. Porygon2, my basic Trick Room starter, and Toxic wall. With Recover and Trace I've been able to out poison multiple legendary's. Also it's cute.

Spr 6x 233.png

2. Kingdra, with Sniper + Scope Lens + Focus Energy. You can a guaranteed critical hit always that does 2.25 damage. The design is also quite awesome.

Spr 6x 230.png

3. Marowak, amazing in Trick Room with a Thick Club. With a Thick Club, max EV and IV a Marowak has the highest attack stat of all Pokémon (without items and moves) It also have enough HP and Defences to endure a couple of hits.

Spr 6x 105.png

4. Clefable. Useful with the moves, Follow Me, Heal Pulse and Moonlight to give Kingdra the biggest chance to take the others out. Would like to use a Gengar/ Clefable combo but I can't think of any strategies. 

Spr 6x 036.png

5. Shuckle. Adorable Pokémon and something that can turn quite nasty with Acupressure. Also if a Shuckle uses Gyro Ball it is the sassiest thing you'll ever see in Pokémon.

Spr 6x 213.png

6.Ursaring, also nice Trick Room Pokémon, giving him a Flame Orb with the Guts ability and the use of Facade will knock out most Pokémon.

Male

7. Miltank. Idk just always liked this Pokémon, I've beating so many battles with it, again I haven't found a use for her in online battles.. 

Spr 6x 241.png

8. Octillery. another Sniper Pokémon, with its low speed I thought it would fit with Trick Room, but it is to much to set up. You need to get Trick Room and Focus Energy while both are wide open to be attacked. in Triple Battles however I have found a semi use for it. It learns the move Water Sprout, so placed in the middle it hits and knocks out most Pokémon at full health.

Male

9. Heracross + Mega Heracross, really like the animations and the design. The Mega ability Skill Link is huge help to kill Flying Types with Rock Blast. I always imaged Heracross being a weird kind of starter Pokémon in "my Pokemon world" working together to work towards that Heracrossite.

MaleForm

10. Slowking. It can learn Trick Room, Heal Pulse, Slack Off and Water Pulse. Amazing Pokémon but I don't use mine to much. I just like Porygon2 more.. :/

Spr 6x 199.png

• Like 1

Green    90

10. Solosis  

A few years ago Solosis used to be my favorite Pokemon. I love its cute design and its inspiration.

9. Darmanitan 555.png

When I saw this Pokemon, I was overjoyed that there was finally an Orangutan. It's type was really cool and it's prevo has a hilarious Pokedex entry. I never used Darmanitan in a playthrough, but I still love it.

8. Pineco   pineco.png

This exploding pine cone was part of my team in my first SoulSilver playthrough. Sure it was hard to level up, but it was extremely fun to use. (Plus its sprite from GS looks murderous xD)

7.  Phoine  Phione  sprite from Diamond & Pearl

I've never owned a Phione (or a Manaphy), but I liked how you could breed a legendary and get it's baby form. It's not a legendary, but it's the closest thing on my list to one.

6. Vanilluxe  584.png

Some people might say "Ice Cream Cone? They're running outta ideas." Well ya know what I think. "Ice Cream Cone" is one of my favorite Pokemon! What does running out of ideas even mean anyway. Ice Cream Cone IS an idea. It's design is cool and It's my favorite Ice type. Vanilluxe is amazing and don't tell me otherwise.

5. Huntailhuntail_rubysapphire

Deep sea fish always amazed me. Huntail and Gorebyss could've both had this position, but I like Huntail's shiny better. This Pokemon is one of my favorites because of its inspiration and I also like how Clamperl evolves.

4. Cradily346.png

Cradily is my favorite fossil. I love its Pokedex entry and it's design. It's pretty good in battle as well.

3. Shedinja  Spr_3r_292.png

Shedinja used to be my favorite Pokemon very recently, until I realized how much I loved Ledian. Shedinja has a great concept and a WONDERful ability and is really fun to use in competitive battles.

2. Qwilfish   Spr 2g 211.png

What can I say? It's a cute pufferfish. I can't resist these things.

1. Ledian   Spr 2s 166.png

Ledian is such a forgotten Pokemon, but I use it every time I play through Soul Silver. It's an underappreciated Pokemon, but it's actually pretty good when used right and taught the right moves. I love Ledian (And also how its shiny is a yellow ladybug). 

Honorable Mentions:

13. Crustle  558.png

12. Jumpluff  Jumpluff  sprite from Silver

11. Mantine   Mantine  sprite from Silver

Sprites Courtesy of Pokemon DB.

• Like 4

Ithsme    120

I'm too lazy to get sprites, but here are mine:

10. Shedinja

9. Noivern

8. Staraptor

7. Zangoose

6. Quagsire

5. Ho-oh

4. Ampharos

2. Torterra

1. Togekiss

• Like 3

Green    90
22 hours ago, Ithsme said:

10. Shedinja

9. Noivern

8. Staraptor

7. Zangoose

6. Quagsire

5. Ho-oh

4. Ampharos

2. Torterra

1. Togekiss

Like for Shedinja

• Like 1

Smitje    64
On 13-9-2016 at 3:56 AM, Ithsme said:

10. Shedinja

9. Noivern

8. Staraptor

7. Zangoose

6. Quagsire

5. Ho-oh

4. Ampharos

2. Torterra

1. Togekiss

Quagsire is always an adorable little derp. Also lots of younger players don't know the Pokémon when battling online and assume it is a pure Water-Type.

• Like 1

Some really nice lists here. Mine will be HEAVILY influenced by RBY/GSC and the cartoon too. I never really choose my pokemon based on strengths. It's more about if I think they are cute/fun/awesome in the game or in the cartoon. When Pokemon first came out I was about 10 and I fell in love with Misty and I loved the dynamic between Ash, Brock and Misty too so most come from them.  

I took a massive hiatus from the games and shows (about 10 years, probably longer) and returned last year and binged played Black, White 2, Y and Omega Ruby. Enjoy my list:

10. Yvelta

9. Slyveon

8. Lugia

7. Togepi

6. Dratini 

5. Psyduck

4. Gyarados

3. Scyther

2. Marill

1. Pikachu

I happened to be in Japan in January and managed to Sylveon as a birthday present from one of the Pokemon Centers and fell in love with it, so cute! Yvelta is such a beast from Y, the only pokemon in the list for pure battling reasons. When I think back to the first few years of Pokemon, Lugia always stands out in my mind over other legendaries, I don't know why. But GSC were such amazing games, it probably was to do with that. It was a whole new game, plus you could return to RBY too. Everyone I knew were playing these games constantly. 

Nomyt    50

I started this ages ago, and only now got around to posting it. Taken me a long while to write, also no sprites, and I'm not heavy into competitive side of things, so eventhing on this list is going to be stuff I've used in to complete the main story. Also, there's no particular order and not really much of a top ten, just ten that I thought were excellent, and that I remember being useful in the games.

1. Jolteon: Okay, so back in the first generation I had two rules for my game (These rules still hold to this day). Multi-type team, and Pikachu will never be on my team. This posed obviously an interesting question, I wanted a electric type. With so many of them stuck in the Power Plant, I had a few options...one being barded by the rules, and then I got the card...Jolteon. I had the eevee, but never did anything with it. Gave it the thunderstone, and the Thunderbolt tm. And then as it grew, it gained pin missile and double kick. It helped me out no end, and was my first level 100.

2. Hitmonchan. Every one seemed to love Hitmonlee, but I always like to go against the crowd. Got it at the gym, and I used it for a little bit.... and then it learned the elemental punches, along with it's comet punch. it took everything down. Even Solo'd the E4 and champ with it many times. It's always been a go to pokemon for the fighting type.

3. Lugia. Silver was my first 2nd gen game. And I've tried so hard not to put a legendary on this list, but it can't be avoided. Only Lugs and Typhlosion stood out for me in 2nd gen, (I had Noctowl too, but he rarely did anything noteworthy.) Lugs and Typhlosion tag teamed to E4 many times. Weirdly. I don't remember much about my 2nd gen team other than those three....I possibly had an Ampharos. But didn't stand out battling wise.

4. Pelipper....what, don't look at me like that. This is an honest list. I needed a flyier, and a surfer, and this guy fit the bill..... Puns aside, this pokemon was great, found early. I wanted a Taillow so much more, but the handiness of being able to surf, and fly in one pokemon was too awesome. Took out many gyms, and E4 pokemon. I like it, so tough.

5. Torterra. I tried not to put starters on here, and while Staraptor and Luxray were very memorable for 4th gen, my Torterra stole the game. I don't remember much about the last gym, but I think Torterra just used Earthquake around the outside, and we got the badge thrown at us through a window and told to go away. Also, It's name is The Great A'tuin. And to me, anything based on a World Turtle wins for me. Although, I'm waiting on an Island Turtle. That'll be as sweet as, although I don't know where the villagers would go when it gets put into a pokeball.

6. Driflbim. I know it stayed on my team for a long time. Just still think a ghost/flying for a balloon pokemon is funny....would be even funnier for something like a balloon animal.

7. Okay, 5th gen is where it got weird, and I could put so many pokemon for this, and the next couple of spots but 7 is split into a couple of parts. Firstly.
7a. Krookodile. Ever since Sandile was shown on the lead up to 5th gens release I knew I wanted it on my team, and I wanted it to evolve, and just be a freakin' beast.. Jirachi was kind, and answered my wish. The fact that it appeared semi-early was even better. I had one before the 3rd gym. It was brilliant, and it was my power house. It never got switched out of my party.
7.b Swoobat. I originally was going to get Pidove for my team, but I got one around the same time as Woobat, and I couldn't resist the cuteness, and the handiness of the Psychic/Flying typing. Plus it got Assurance fairly early on, so that's was a great Dark move in my mind. It was a great edition to my team, as was.....
7c Gavantula! Joltik is just the cutest thing ever! When I eventually got to chargestone cave, I couldn't choose between Tynamo and Joltik, but Joltik just won it on cuteness. (Fun fact Tynamo has all the letter of my name in it, plus an extra on, plus the first two letters are in the right place! It's an amazing name for a pokemon, and fits me perfectly), however the bug typing, even Tynamo's Levitate couldn't help it. think we're done for 7, nope there's more.
7d seriously, I could go on with my other team members, but It'''s Chandelure! Candle pokemon to lantern to Chandelier, just way too awesome design. I actually evolved this midway through E4, did have to box it for the final fight against N and Co so it did get swapped with Reshiram, but as soon as I could I swapped them back. Ghost better than Dragon any day.

8.  Lucario....I know, you'd think I'd follow the legion of fans, and used him in 4th gen, but no...while I did egg hatch Riolu, I was much too fair into 4th gen to train a babby from being born. In black 2 you get one very early one, before even taking on Cheron, I believe. And it just was a beast, and got better once it evolved too. I don't think I used much else, well....apart from...

9. Leavanny. I'll be honest....out of all the starters I liked none of gen 5s....Oshawott a little bit more than the others, but it's freakin' close to the line. If it evolved into more of a two legged samurai otter rather than...that thing. It could of saved it, but yes back to the Leavy. I did like the look of it the first time around, but I still had hopes for Snivy, and I had to make a choice. Luckily, in black 2. The better choice was made. Swordsdance, X-scissor, and Leaf blade...nothing was really left standing.

and finally....

10. And now we finish with an pokemon from 6th gen, and again I could choose from a good list of pokemon. Like Malamar, or Gogoat, they were both team members, or even Talonflame, the regional bird with a duel typing that made it stick out from the regional bird mold, although I boxed it regulary boxed it, it could be Hawlucha, which is the pokemon I swapped Talonflame with, ..or I could go with my starter Delphox, or even the other starter which got the only mega pokemon I've used in game, Blastoise...it's not though, but I could choose one of those five, they were part of my team, but so was this one....
I could on to say how when they showed off it's pre-evo on the lead up to 6th gen, I knew it was going to be part of my team, even if I had to sacrifice my starter pokemon. Similar to Sewaddle VS Snivy issue in Black. A mistake I wasn't going to make again....
... maybe I'm trying to stretch this out a little bit longer.....
It's Aegislash. When Honedge was shown, it was literally love. Haunted Sword. I remember thinking that it would get like a whole haunted suit of armour as it evolved, and then when Doublade was announced. I thought how instantly better it was. I love the whole concept of this pokemon, and it served me greatly in battle. My only little issue with it, is that it can learn three ghost moves. But it's movepool was good enough for me to give it something for everything I put it up against. :)

Aonixia    15

Took me a while to finally get around to posting this because it was so hard to narrow down all of my favorite pokemon to just 10 of them. A few things should be noted about my list, though. First off, I am in no way, shape, or form a competitive battler so my list is based mostly off of the concepts, designs, and nostalgia of the pokemon. Second off, I also already have a few pokemon from Gen 7 on here already because I absolutely fell in love with the designs and couldn't help but to put them on here. Lastly, this list is really only temporary because I am always changing my mind on which ones I like the most and will most likely change drastically when Sun and Moon finally come out.

10. Aegislash  681.png681-b.png

When Aegislash first came out, I fell in love with it almost immediately. I love the concept of a haunted sword and I just fell in love with it's overall design and its unique ability. The only reason it isn't further up on the list is because of the disappointingly few Ghost-type moves that it can learn and the fact that I actually not had the chance to use it on a team yet, but I hope to sometime soon.

9. Lilligant  549.png

When I first played through Pokemon Black, I ended up trading my Cottonee for a Petilil in Nacrene City. I later evolved that Petilil into Lilligant and played through the entire game with it. It ended up becoming one of the strongest pokemon on my team and now make it point to get a Lilligant whenever I play through Gen 5. I love its design and I love that it has such a high Sp. Attack. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have one of the best move pools, but I still love it anyway.

8. Gourgeist  711-h.png

Gourgeist is another case of me falling in love with it as soon as I saw its design. It has such a balance of cute and creepy that I couldn't help but to fall in love with it. The combination of there being different sizes, all with different stats, and it being the only pokemon that can learn Trick-or-Treat very quickly made it my favorite pokemon from Gen 6.

7. Mawile  303.png303-m.png

In all honesty, when I first saw Mawile I didn't really care for it and couldn't be bothered with catching one. Over the years, I slowly became more attached to it and its design. What made me really fall in love with it was when I learned that it was based of the Japanese myth of the Futakuchi-onna. I am a total sucker for Japanese folklore and learning what actually inspired Mawile's design and the fact that it gained the Fairy-type and a mega evolution in Gen 6 gave it the final push to become one of my favorite pokemon.

6. Alolan Marowak

I know that Gen 7 isn't actually out yet, but I couldn't resist putting Alolan Marowak on this list. I love its design and its typing one that I never seen coming, but I love it. I really like the reasoning the Pokemon Company gave as to why Marowak became Fire/Ghost and I love the overall concept behind it. The only thing that I don't like about it so far is the fact that it can still have the ability Lightning Rod, but I will most definitely get my hands on one when Sun and Moon come out and use it on one of my teams sometime in the near future.

5. Luxray   405.png

When I first got into playing pokemon, my first game that I ever owned was Pokemon Diamond. Shinx was one of the first pokemon that I ever caught, and when it later evolved into Luxray, I fell in love with it and kept it on my team for my entire playthrough of Diamond. I love its design and the concept behind it and can't resist catching a Shinx and using this beast of a pokemon on my team whenever I play through Gen 4. My only qualm that I have with it is that I, like many others, believe that it should've been Electric/Dark, but its still a great pokemon and I hope that someday it will get a mega evolution.

4. Gardevoir  282.png282-m.png

I've always liked Gardevoir and it's design, but I didn't really fall in love with it until ORAS came out. It was while I was playing Alpha Sapphire that I decided that I would finally catch and use a Gardevoir for the first time. It very quickly became the strongest pokemon on my team and my go to pokemon for any and all battles. I love the gracefulness that Gardevoir has and I love that it got that it got the Fairy-type and an amazing mega evolution when X and Y came out. I also fell in love with its shiny mega form and Ralts ended becoming the first pokemon that I ever shiny hunted for just so I could get a shiny mega Gardevoir, and it was worth it.

3. Dialga  483.png

Dialga is by far my favorite legendary of all time and the only legendary I even considered putting on this list. Like I said before, Pokemon Diamond was the first pokemon game that I ever had, so Dialga was the first legendary that I ever caught. I immediately fell in love with its design and the concept of it being the controller of all of time. I also love its unique typing of Steel/Dragon and its signature move, Roar of Time. Besides it being the first legendary that I ever caught, I also loved seeing and fighting against Primal Dialga in PMD: Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky. Battling against it was infuriating, but it is certainly a battle that I will never forget along with the relief and joy when I did finally win. My hope is that maybe someday we will see a reappearance of Primal Dialga in another game.

2. Mimikyu

Once again, even though Sun and Moon haven't come out yet, I couldn't resist putting Mimikyu on this list. I fell in love with its design almost immediately and the concept behind it is both heart wrenching and adorable at the same time. I love that the Pokemon Company was able to create such a great design for the first Ghost/Fairy pokemon and that it's equally creepy and adorable. This is definitely a pokemon that I will be using on my team in Sun and Moon and it very well might become my new favorite pokemon once the games come out.

1. Froslass  478.png

By far, Froslass is my favorite pokemon. Its design manages to have the perfect balance of elegant and creepy that fits perfectly for a pokemon with the typing of Ice/Ghost and I absolutely love it. It has a move pool that I absolutely adore and some pretty decent stats. Like I said before, I am a total sucker for Japanese folklore, so when I learned that it was based on the Yuki-onna, I fell in love with it even more than I did before. My hope is that when the remakes for Diamond and Pearl finally come out that Froslass will get a mega evolution like Glalie did.

Wes    115

I really don't feel like explaining these or finding sprites/models, so please forgive my boring list. Anyway, I used the Favorite Pokemon Picker (http://www.dragonflycave.com/favorite.html), so this list is pretty accurate and not completely random. 

1. Banette

2. Sableye 

3. Charizard

4. Mismagius 

5. Froslass 

6. Maractus

7. Dusclops

8. Arbok

9. Cacturne

10. Lampent 

I'm honestly surprised there weren't more Ghosts. :P

Vind7    0

My first post on here, yay!

I have tons of favorite Pokemon so it was a challenge to narrow them down to just ten. Ranking them was tough, too! I will add some honorable mentions at the end though to show the ones that didn't quite make the list some love. <3

1. Volcarona 

I just adore Volcarona. It was love at first glance and I couldn't imagine playing through BW2 without it. The fifth generation was a great gen for my favorite type which is bug and Volcarona is a prime 
example for this. It's simply beautiful and a force to be reckoned with. It's so majestic too!

2. Goldeen / Seaking

I honestly don't know why but since I was little I've always loved these two. I even used both of them on my first team in Pokemon Blue lol. Their designs are rather simple, basically just pretty fish with a horn but that's what makes me love them. I also have a soft spot for underdogs and these two are really forgotten and under appreciated. Also, 5th gen gifted them with their hidden ability Lightning Rod which makes them hard to deal with if you know how to use them correctly. 

3. Infernape

My favorite starter Pokemon ever. I love him so much which is weird considering I'm not a huge fan of apes nor fire and fighting types in general. I just have a strong connection to it because it was my first ever Pokemon to reach level 100 and it saved my butt so many times during Pearl and Platinum. He's grown on me so much during that play through and I will always have a soft spot for Infernape in my heart.

4. Leafeon

I like most of the eevelutions and Leafeon is clearly my favorite. I just fell in love with it's design and it can be really powerful too. Whenever I catch an Eevee for my play through I will make sure to evolve it into either Leafeon or Vaporeon (which I love as well). It's the whole package for me - cute, strong, well designed and pretty.

5. Vivillon

I honestly don't care much about stats and stuff that's why the early game bugs always make it to the hall of fame in my play throughs. However, Vivillon turned out to be more than the typical early game bug and I wasn't fooled by that and underestimated it unlike many others. I used it on my first Y run right after the game was released and fell in love with it. It has a fantastic ability with Compound Eyes, is rather fast, can hit hard, learns Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder and other great STAB and coverage moves and on top of all that it's pretty darn cute! How can you not like that thing?

6. Leavanny

Let me think of a run through a 5th gen game where I haven't used Leavanny... well I can't think of any. It's one of my favorite Unova Pokemon and despite being overlooked by many because of it's unfortunate typing it never let me down and was a fantastic addition to all of my teams. It can hit pretty hard and learns great moves just by leveling up. Obviously, I also love Leavanny's design and her it's

pre evolutions are freaking adorable!

7. Tauros 

Not sure why but I just really like Tauros. Most people think it's rather bland and unoriginal but I really like it's rather simple design. It's really powerful too - hits hard, is fast and can take hits. It has a wide move pool too and I just think it looks cool and badass.

8. Durant

Yet another 5th Gen bug type that made the list. Honestly, Durant is so overlooked and underestimated it's ridiculous. It hits like a tank and looks extremely cool tho! I just recently used one on my X run and it was a wonderful addition. Amazing move pool, fast, hits hard, can take most physical hits and is basically a badass ant covered with iron - how cool is that? Screw Scizor, Durant is my number 1 Bug/Steel type.

9. Dragalge 

Dragon is probably my least favorite type so I am surprised myself a dragon made it on here. But Dragalge is just so freaking BEAUTIFUL. I fell in love with his design and it took me a while to realize it wasn't Poison/Water lol. It was a great member of my team in Y and proved to be much more than beautiful. 

10. Sandslash 

Armadillos and such are among my favorite animals irl so no wonder I adore Sandshrew (so cute!) and Sandslash. Sandslash looks cute intimidating with all those spikes and those claws but it still kept some of the cuteness it had when it was a Sandshrew and I like that! It can also hold it's own in battles and did great on my W2 and Yellow teams. 

Honorable mentions :

Electivire 

Yanmega

Mothim

Venomoth

Feraligatr

Vaporeon

Zebstrika 

Charizard

Sceptile

Kabutops

Rhydon 

Galvantula

Girafarig

Butterfree

Gogoat

Crobat

and also many more but this is getting out of hand. 

EDIT: The sprites I added disappeared, oh well

Edited by Vind7

Malco    64

It's interesting that some of us have favorites because of playing through the story, others have favorites selected from competitive multiplayer, and select Pokemon have a special meaning in some of your lives as well!

Smitje    64
On 12-10-2016 at 10:07 AM, Malco said:

It's interesting that some of us have favorites because of playing through the story, others have favorites selected from competitive multiplayer, and select Pokemon have a special meaning in some of your lives as well!

Yea, there are Pokémon here that I can't see the appeal of, yet people will also think that of my list. I'm just wondering if any generation VII Pokémon will enter onto our list anytime soon.

It'll be difficult for a Gen7 to enter my list too.... I've loved most of my Pokemon for about 20 years...however it's not impossible because I do have 2 Gen6 pokemon in the list. I think a part of that was because Y was the first pokemon game I had played in about 10-14 years. After Y I picked up B and W2 and enjoyed both. Great story, great world....and loved that I could only find Gen5 pokemon to start with. 

Nomyt    50

Just used Greninja to solo'd Dianthia's Pokémon..... add him to my list pls!

also, Golurk defeated many of the Kalos E4 including most of Drasna's and Malva's pokemon. He should probably get on my list too, as I've always wanted to use one.

(Speaking of the Kalos 4, Wikstrom is an awesome name, design, and character, he should be owning the Showdown on the mainsite. I'm disappointed with you all.)

Poekoko    88

Generation 5 was when I started to get obsessed (and I mean obsessed) over Pokemon again, I really played DPPT once and HGSS just introduced me to more Gen 1 Pokemon on my list again, but Gen 5 had all these new ones I love.

Malco    64

Well, it's OK to like Pikachu. :)

On 10/16/2016 at 1:18 AM, Nomyt said:

(Speaking of the Kalos 4, Wikstrom is an awesome name, design, and character, he should be owning the Showdown on the mainsite. I'm disappointed with you all.)

I disappoint you more, I voted for Siebold... :)

• Like 1

Nomyt    50
19 hours ago, Malco said:

Well, it's OK to like Pikachu. :)

I disappoint you more, I voted for Siebold... :)

You're a monster! (Joking aside, he wasn't too bad, unusual names are great. Not as majestic as Wikstrom, of Wulfric)

Malco    64
4 hours ago, Nomyt said:

You're a monster! (Joking aside, he wasn't too bad...)

Yeah! Siebold is a Water-type user, and his Gyarados is scary, and he compares Pokemon battling to food.