Wes

Sun or Moon?

Are you getting Sun, Moon, both, or neither?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting Sun, Moon, both, or neither?

• Sun!
    • Moon!
    • Sun and Moon!
    • Neither.

Wes    115

Title is self-explanatory, I believe. 

I am getting Moon for sure, but I'm starting to think about getting Sun as well, though I've never purchased both games in a pair before. I'd like to name my characters Lunick and Solana (from the Ranger series), and getting both games would give me the opportunity to play as both the male and female characters.

What about you guys?

Green    90

Probably Moon. I don't know this time... It's the first time my brother isn't getting one of them, so it's up to me....

Smitje    64

I'm never really into legendaries so I most likely will go with Moon. Only if there is some other huge difference in Pokémon I might change my choice. 

Lord Reiji    9
On 30 de julio de 2016 at 1:22 PM, SesquipedalianPokedex said:

I'm getting both so that I have one game to replay and one to finish the dex on.

My situation exactly.

• Like 1

Wes    115

Following the reveal from the 1st, I've decided that in my Moon playthrough I'll be using only Alola-native Pokemon, while in Sun I'll be using Alola variants from other regions. I believe that would be a fun way to experience the diverse wildlife Alola has to offer. :D

Nomyt    50

Getting both, but will be playing Moon more as I really like the Moon Bat. Of Course, version exclusives can change that, but at least I like the box legendaries this time, never really cared for Xerneas or Yveltal.

Geronimo    4

Originally I was planning on getting Moon because I like Lunala, then I was planning on getting Sun because I like Lycanroc Midday even more.  Then I found out that Lycanroc's forms aren't version-exclusive, so I can get Moon after all :D

Smitje    64
6 hours ago, Geronimo said:

Originally I was planning on getting Moon because I like Lunala, then I was planning on getting Sun because I like Lycanroc Midday even more.  Then I found out that Lycanroc's forms aren't version-exclusive, so I can get Moon after all :D

I thought it was? I mean you can trade over, but any Rockruff that evolves in Sun will have the Midday Form and any in Moon will have the Midnight Form, right?

Anyway last week I made up my mind and pre-ordered Moon. It should be here Wednesday.. Why Nintendo, Why? But I have had games show up a day before, for some reason, but that was also in the time without worldwide releases. 

Monkeyfuzz    4
55 minutes ago, Smitje said:

I thought it was? I mean you can trade over, but any Rockruff that evolves in Sun will have the Midday Form and any in Moon will have the Midnight Form, right?

Anyway last week I made up my mind and pre-ordered Moon. It should be here Wednesday.. Why Nintendo, Why? But I have had games show up a day before, for some reason, but that was also in the time without worldwide releases. 

You can catch the other Lycanroc (evolution only) late game, or so I hear.

• Like 1

Geronimo    4
12 hours ago, Smitje said:

According to Serebii.net, the version you're playing affects which form Rockruff evolves into, but both forms can still be caught in the wild :)

Are you from the UK too?  I'm also having to wait until Wednesday - sometimes I wonder whether the late European releases of ORAS and SM are to punish us for releasing X and Y a day early!

• Like 1

Smitje    64
4 hours ago, Geronimo said:

According to Serebii.net, the version you're playing affects which form Rockruff evolves into, but both forms can still be caught in the wild :)

Are you from the UK too?  I'm also having to wait until Wednesday - sometimes I wonder whether the late European releases of ORAS and SM are to punish us for releasing X and Y a day early!

Oh that's awesome and no I'm from the Netherlands. Maybe it is, I tried asking my seller on Twitter why it was five days later but they misunderstood or didn't want to answer and thought I meant I was getting the game five days after the EU release.