Welcome to the first installment of the Nintendo Switch Weekly! This series will be highlighting all of the latest news for the console and keep readers up to date if they don’t pour over video game articles every day! It will include all of the news from the past week, as well as some news from previous weeks you may have missed.
This week we’ll be covering a little more than your average week since we’re just getting started! We got a good chunk of news and updates, especially for Splatoon 2 and Super Smash Bros for Switch:
- The Octolings from the Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion DLC were shown off! They aren’t too different from the inklings, just a minor cosmetic change. Still pretty cool overall however! The Octo Expansion DLC will be available July 31st, 2018!
Splatoon 2: Splatfest for April + New Map!
- The Splatfest for the month of April was revealed. This one is a sporty theme, Baseball vs Soccer! Alongside the next Splatfest, we got a new map called Piranha Pit; a map filled with conveyor belts.
Super Smash Bros Invitational + Splatoon 2 Tournament at E3 2018!
- Nintendo has announced a Smash Bros for Switch Invitational, and a Splatoon 2 tournament for E3 2018! This is HUGE! Especially in terms of Smash Bros. It will give us a chance to see how the new game will play, as well as possibly reveal some new characters!
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 recently got a new update, it includes some bug fixes (affinity issues and disappearing common blades), as well as adds some new quests!
System Update v5.0!
- The Nintendo Switch was updated to v5.0! On the surface, it doesn’t seem like much. It includes some new icons (Kirby and ARMS), and now you can add your friends from social media to your Switch. However, the update is actually HUGE in terms of hacking! Could we possibly see Homebrew on the Switch in the future?