Weekly Wrap Up is our end of the week digest of smaller news stories that are just as important, but didn’t get a dedicated post. If you’d like to get real time updates about what’s mentioned here you can follow our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages. Here’s what you missed from September 11th to September 17th!
Pokémon The Movie: I Choose You!
- For those in the UK, show timings for the 20th Anniversary film have been revealed on the official Fathom Events website – book your tickets fast, theaters are filling up quickly!
Pokémon Gold & Silver
- In this week’s Nintendo Direct it was revealed that those who purchase the re-release of the games on the Virtual Console anytime from today until September 21st, 2018 will receive a serial code to redeem a Celebi in Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon. This Celebi will come at lvl. 30 and know the moves Heal Bell, Safeguard, Ancient Power, and Future Sight. In addition, if you download the games before January 15th, 2018 in North America (before December 31st, 2017 in the Europe, before September 28th, 2018 in Japan) you’ll also receive a special Pokémon Gold or Pokémon Silver theme for your 3DS
- Pokémon Bank compatibility for the games have been given a “Winter 2017” release date
Pokémon Sun & Moon
- For those in Japan, a serial code for a Shiny Silvally will be given out to those who pre-order copies of Pokémon Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon at various stores (such as Pokémon Centers) from September 22nd to October 16th. This Shiny Silvally will come at Lvl. 100, holding a Gold Bottle Cap, know the moves Multi-Attack, Parting Shot, Punishment, and Scary Face, and will only be able to be redeemed in your Pokémon Sun & Moon games until November 16th, 2017
- For those in America, a special Charizard will be distributed via code at Target stores across North America from October 1st to October 14th. It will come holding a Red Card at lvl. 50 with the moves Dragon Dance, Flare Blitz, Fly and Earthquake. No international distributions of this even have been announced as of yet
- The first of the Pokémon GO Safari Zone events have begun in Paris, Barcelona and Oberhausen. Most major details have been previously announced, however we now know that Unown is spawning the letters S, A, F, R and I at the event
- Version 1.3.2 is now available for the mobile game! This update fixes multiple bugs and allows you to clear the game’s cache. Launching the game for the first time after you update will reward you with 10 Diamonds
- Version 4.0.3 is now available for the popular mobile game! This update includes various bug fixes and the introduction of Gen VII Pokémon figures into the game
- The following stages are available to play until September 26th: Silvally, Turtonator, Celebi, and Slaking
- A special stage to get the Porygon-Z (normally found in Expert stages) has begun and runs until September 19th
- A Mega Alakazam competitive stage has begun and runs until September 19th. Only Neutral and Not Very Effective Pokémon are allowed in this competition. Top player rewards include a Alakazite (or Max Level if you already have the Mega Stone), Mega Speedups, Max Levels, and more!
Check out the official Pokémon merchandise that was either revealed, leaked or is now available for purchase this week: