Weekly Wrap Up is our end of the week digest of smaller news stories that are just as important, but didn’t get a dedicated post. Here’s what you missed from July 31st to August 6th!
Yokohama Pikachu Outbreak-chu Event
- A special Pikachu (crazy, I know), will be distributed for all those who attend the event from August 9th – August 15th – although no other details on why this Pikachu is so special have been revealed yet
- In conjunction with Pikachu Outbreak-chu, The Pokémon GO Park event will be held at the Cup Noodle Museum Park and Red Brick Park in Yokohama from August 9th-August 15th! There will be several Pokéstops added to the parks as well as more spawns for rare Pokémon within them: including starters, Larvitar, Chansey, Farfecth’d and, most notably, the Europe exclusive, Mr. Mime.
- We’ll also be there to cover the event – stay tuned!
Pokémon Sun & Moon
- The No Holds Barred Battle Competition has been announced! This Single Battle competition allows you to use all Legendary and Mythical Pokémon except: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Solgaleo or Lunala. All Pokémon will be raised to Level 100 during the competition, and you can run duplicate items and Pokémon. Registration for the competition runs from August 17th to August 24th, while the battles themselves take place from August 25th to August 27th. All those who register will get 50 Battle Points. For more info, the Download Rules for this competition are available in the Festival Plaza!
- The previously revealed Salazzle distribution event in America will also be available in Europe from August 18th to September 18th! You’ll be able to pick up your’s from Micromania in France, via Nintendo Zone in Germany, from GAMESTOP in Italy, Intertoys in the Netherlands, and GAME in the UK and Spain.
Pokkén Tournament DX
- A special white version of the controller revealed last week will be available launch day in the UK – check it out here!
As previously reported, Niantic has postponed the European Safari Zone event. To compensate they have revealed that several rare Pokémon, including regional exclusive Kangaskhan and scarce spawn Unown, will start appearing in the following cities across Europe until August 21st:
- Austria: Vienna
- Czech Republic: Prague
- Denmark: Copenhagen
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Dijon, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Paris, Rennes
- Germany: Berlin, Bochum, Gera, Leipzig, Mönchengladbach, Munich, Oberhausen, Recklinghausen
- Milan, Italy: Milan, Naples, Rome
- Norway: Oslo
- Poland: Warsaw
- Portugal: Lisbon
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Spain: Badajoz, Barcelona, Cádiz, Madrid, Sevilla, San Sebastián, Valencia, Valladolid
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Switzerland: Zürich
- The Netherlands: Amsterdam, Leidschendam, Zoetermeer
- United Kingdom: Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow, London, Manchester
- A new “Start of the Month” challenge has launched! For the first three days of each month you can play of the selected stages at random. This month’s stages are Audino (reward: 3 Mega Speedups), Bulbasaur (Skill Booster L), Charmander (2 Mega Speedups), Squirtle (5,000 coins), and Espurr (10 Hearts)
- A new “Great Challenge Daily Pokémon” challenge launched as well. Each day you’ll get access to a previous Great Challenge Pokémon. This batch includes Hoopa, Winking Togekiss, Winking Wigglytuff, Wailord, Keldeo, Greninja and Omasta
- The new Tapu Koko stage is now available until August 15th
- The following stages have begun repeat runs from July 31st to August 7th: Goodra, Regice, and Suicune